Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Have you guy's noticed increased throttle response since first owning it. I only have 3300 miles on mine (do little driving) and have noticed a marked improvement already. It must be the Active Adaptive Shift that Mazda has on it's Automatic transmissions that adapts to driver's input. It takes time for it to learn but if you drive it more spirited, you'll get much better throttle response and higher shift points. Mazda should have marketed this feature more. It's excellent.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
617 Posts
with a vehicle so enjoyable....WHY NOT DRIVE IT???

i have noticed a bit more throttle responsiveness as well, but i am still yearning for some for ponies in the first and second gear, i rev high with no mph to show for it :(
Did you try using manual mode ? That might improve the lower gears more so.

·
Registered
617 Posts
My CX-5 is getting a little rough around the edges - idle is just wonky at times, strange vibrations and such...

But as far as the engine, I don't doubt its reliability or longevity.
I find the 6 at idle can get a little wobbly as well.They had to dumb down our engines by 5 hp for it to accept regular gas. That might be a reason for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.