Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some guys have had their car for a few months now, just curious as to how many miles you guys are accumulating. How is your ride holding up? Do you still love it after a few thousand miles? Who is the highest mileage king of the 3rd gen?

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
Over 18k now, had it for almost exactly a year today, she's doing just fine :D

Honestly, at the 10k mile mark, the transmission really settled in and it felt like I got a few more ponies out and much better response.

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
I believe @FusionGT has surpassed me in miles however, as my commute has dropped significantly.

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
im at 22k...100+ mile total daily commute is the culprit
Yeah that sucks :( I was doing 132 miles a day, 5 days a week, just to get to my office. Then frequently I'd add another 40+ onto the car during the day traveling to different sites.

Had over 6k on her in under 2 months - the dealership was flabbergasted when I came in for my first oil change.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah that sucks :( I was doing 132 miles a day, 5 days a week, just to get to my office. Then frequently I'd add another 40+ onto the car during the day traveling to different sites.

Had over 6k on her in under 2 months - the dealership was flabbergasted when I came in for my first oil change.
Hahaha same, my dealership asked me if i was doing any cross-country driving with the damn thing...my only real concern is the deterioration in value due to it.
Hopefully it is not too bad as i do plan on trading it in for an RX-9....*crosses fingers*

·
Registered
617 Posts
Have you guy's noticed increased throttle response since first owning it. I only have 3300 miles on mine (do little driving) and have noticed a marked improvement already. It must be the Active Adaptive Shift that Mazda has on it's Automatic transmissions that adapts to driver's input. It takes time for it to learn but if you drive it more spirited, you'll get much better throttle response and higher shift points. Mazda should have marketed this feature more. It's excellent.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
Have you guy's noticed increased throttle response since first owning it. I only have 3300 miles on mine (do little driving) and had noticed a marked improvement already. It must be the Active Adaptive Shift that Mazda has on it's Automatic transmissions.

Someone else on here had mentioned in my 2014 review thread that he too, noticed a significant increase in responsiveness after the 5k mark, and again at 10k. It's really quite fantastic :)

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
with a vehicle so enjoyable....WHY NOT DRIVE IT???

i have noticed a bit more throttle responsiveness as well, but i am still yearning for some for ponies in the first and second gear, i rev high with no mph to show for it :(
You definitely have a point. And it's what my wife always says to me.

But, there's just something about savoring the flavor, if you know what I mean.
I have a feeling if I don't start driving the SHO more, she is going to castrate me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You definitely have a point. And it's what my wife always says to me.

But, there's just something about savoring the flavor, if you know what I mean.
I have a feeling if I don't start driving the SHO more, she is going to castrate me.
I hear you on the savoring the flavor. i must say, i am not much of a ford fan but your SHO, sho do look nice man!

·
Registered
617 Posts
with a vehicle so enjoyable....WHY NOT DRIVE IT???

i have noticed a bit more throttle responsiveness as well, but i am still yearning for some for ponies in the first and second gear, i rev high with no mph to show for it :(
Did you try using manual mode ? That might improve the lower gears more so.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I hear you on the savoring the flavor. i must say, i am not much of a ford fan but your SHO, sho do look nice man!
Thanks! It is a sleek car. Fairly simplistic aesthetically, but it is a classy look. But it has a real presence, and alot of people pick up on it.

I'm not a Ford guy either (though, my MS6 had plenty of FoMoCo parts on it). I'm not sure how this happened. haha!

But, I am seriously enjoying this car, though. Hopefully it is more in tune w/ First On Race Day and a little less Fix Or Repair Daily. XD

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks! It is a sleek car. Fairly simplistic aesthetically, but it is a classy look. But it has a real presence, and alot of people pick up on it.

I'm not a Ford guy either (though, my MS6 had plenty of FoMoCo parts on it). I'm not sure how this happened. haha!

But, I am seriously enjoying this car, though. Hopefully it is more in tune w/ First On Race Day and a little less Fix Or Repair Daily. XD

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.
haha all good! im just glad automotive companies are producing sedans that are wrth a damn to actually compare to each other nowadays. it is was an actual nightmare having to decide on what car to get (no regrets), the competition bar has really been raised.

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
I think of it this way:

I love driving the car, and I always will. I put About 20k (for simple math's sake) on this car in 1 year - At the rate I'm going, not only am I enjoying the car, but in 5 YEARS I'll only have 100k miles on her - and we all know that these engines are destined to last longer than that without a problem.

So I'm savoring it as well as enjoying it in my mind :D

1 - 20 of 127 Posts