Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed their own in-dash DVD HU?

I was looking at one, and noticed a disclaimer that read;

Video feature is designed to function only when vehicle is parked and emergency brake is applied.

I'm wondering if this is something that can be disabled, or left out altogether if install it myself?
I would imagine the audio shop wouldn't do it for liability reasons, unless you know someone there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a buddy who has a in dash DVD, and it was installed by Circuit City, anyways they installed a switch so he can play DVDs while he drives. At no extra cost.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Has anyone installed their own in-dash DVD HU?

I was looking at one, and noticed a disclaimer that read;

Video feature is designed to function only when vehicle is parked and emergency brake is applied.

I'm wondering if this is something that can be disabled, or left out altogether if install it myself?
I would imagine the audio shop wouldn't do it for liability reasons, unless you know someone there.
[/b]
When you install it, there is a brown wire that is supposed to be put to the parking brake (so that it has to be up for the video to work). If you put that to any ground spot, then it will work all the time.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
i just got the n3 installed in my car. (couple pics in a topic i started...maybe someone who reads this topic can answer my question in the topic i started to? - http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=59137 )

they wired mine so i can still use it while driving. i just wanted it setup that way so you could enter destinations into the nav while driving.
[/b]
i've got the n2 and there's a bypass for all of their safety features. i bypassed it, which also bypasses my warranty, but so far so good.

i installed it myself, very easy.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have one,an Alpine IVA-W200 w.HD Tuner. The new alpines however have a little more complicated system as you have to use the parking brake and the brake pedal in a certain sequence to prevent that little trick mentioned already with the groundwire.
My installer had to install 2 switches that have to be pressed in the sequence to activate DVD on the go since it's not wired to the brakes so you probably don't want to go with Alpine.
I generally only use mine at shows anyway so it's really not that big a deal to me anyway.
I had my copy of Tokyo Drift playing all day at the show this past sunday for people that stopped by the car. Played a little playstation for a while too right before judging..lol
Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts