Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I ask this is because I believe that there could be direct correlation to people holding boost til redline and having an aftermarket bov...please provide what boost controller you have ebc/mbc and the brand as well as the bov you have stock or modified and the brand...let's see if there is a direct correlation...

·
Registered
820 Posts
The reason I ask this is because I believe that there could be direct correlation to people holding boost til redline and having an aftermarket bov...please provide what boost controller you have ebc/mbc and the brand as well as the bov you have stock or modified and the brand...let's see if there is a direct correlation...
[/b]
the stock valve will not hold more boost then factory, it will work for a while but the diaphragm isn't meant to hold 17-18psi for extended periods of time. It will fail just like the Gen 2 DSM plastic valve did when people modded them. The ended up putting the Gen 1 Metal valves on. That is what ive done works great.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not really concerned in the longevity of the stock bov, I am more concerned in knowing if the stock BOV is the reason I wasn't able to hold boost til redline like other people are able to, so I am trying to see if people that are holding boost til redline are using an aftermarket bov...I have seen a couple other people with stock bov's that cannot achieve a high level of boost til redline...

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I'm using a GReddy Type-RS BOV and a GReddy Profec E-01 EBC, holding up to 19.3 psi to 6200rpm (I make it a point not to excede that often). No fuel cut, spark cut, boost cut, whatever cut. If I set my gain too high, it will cough a couple times durring rapid acceleration, but that's my own user error.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts