Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
From a database design perspective forums have some interesting twists and one of them is keeping track of what users have previously looked at when the discussion is thread-based so you can implement a "go to first new entry in this thread" and a "new messages since last time on" function. In a linear message system (e.g. no threads) this is easy and fast. In a threaded system, especially one where multiple levels of permission or moderation are involved it doesn't look too bad and isn't right up until the number of users and the number of threads gets very large.

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Shoot, companies are paying major premiums for people who can still talk it.
Yeah but they're also high-stress, high-production environments most likely - I wouldn't be able to be on here anymore if that were the case lol.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts

Going back, how do I see any thread that I have started and those others? I can use tapatalk but it isn't compatible so I have to open the mobile version. And even in tapatalk, I can't see all the threads.
Are you unable to get in via Tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
584 Posts
Are you unable to get in via Tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This is what I see for you, and for me in tapatalk:

On the mobile version, I don't know where to go to something similar like that on tapatalk.

For other members, I can see what thread they have started. Again, on tapatalk but not on the mobile version.

·
Registered
750 Posts
But that really isn't the issue, is it? Most are of the former platforms, so here we are
I dont understand anything you said. I'm saying the OS's suck compared to Windows Mobile, so you need apps to compensate when it should "just work" out of the box with the browser. A properly coded browser will take a properly coded website and adjust to what ever screen you're on without needing the aid of an add-on, app or otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
I dont understand anything you said. I'm saying the OS's suck compared to Windows Mobile, so you need apps to compensate when it should "just work" out of the box with the browser. A properly coded browser will take a properly coded website and adjust to what ever screen you're on without needing the aid of an add-on, app or otherwise.
As a Senior Systems Administrator, Windows Admin, iOS and Android Developer, website developer in my spare time, and all around nerd, I'm gonna stop you right at Microsoft Edge and Windows Mobile. :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
As a Senior Systems Administrator, Windows Admin, iOS and Android Developer, website developer in my spare time, and all around nerd, I'm gonna stop you right at Microsoft Edge and Windows Mobile. :)
What phone do you use? Post a portrait and landscape screen shot of the site on your stock browser.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
I don't know what I'm proving here, especially since I don't use this site on my phone, I use a full-sized desktop since that's how web browsing is meant to be, but here's what my Android 9 running on a Pixel looks like without logging in:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I am a moderator of Pathfindertalk which also belongs to the same company as Mazdaclub6. We were migrated to this same platform about two months before and we still have lots of things that need to be fixed. All we can do is have patience, I know there is a team working on it and I've seen that the changes that were later applied there are already implemented here.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
15 Participants
jman1200
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing