Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys always seem to be one of the first to get swaybars on the market. This is an adjustable 24mm rear swaybar. Anyone try this one yet? I'm thinking of ordering one.

https://www.whiteline.com.au/store/default.asp?part=BMR82Z

I have ordered from Whiteline in the past. Their prices tend to make international shipping worth considering. I had a Toyota Echo and Whiteline made a wicked 25mm rear bar for that car that literally transformed it from a oversteering pig to a Mini Cooper eating monster. Well it took more than the bar to make the Echo handle, but the bar was the biggest contributor to getting that thing turned.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
i guess the secret is out. ive been holding onto this tidbit for a little while for conflict of interest. anyways, the whiteline adjustable is 24mm with an adjustable 26mm setting. give me a couple weeks and ill give you a review. ive got one on the way. there is also a 24mm non-adjustable bar as well.

·
Registered
364 Posts
anyone in the US distributing these?

or do we have to pay ~$280 shipped for a rear bar?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
How is it 24mm with a 26mm setting?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
How is it 24mm with a 26mm setting?
[/b]
an adjustable swaybar has multiple mounting points for the endlinks. if the endlink is mounted closer to the axial center of the bar, it essentially makes the bar stiffer, since the moment (force x distance) applied is smaller.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone in the US distributing these?

or do we have to pay ~$280 shipped for a rear bar?
[/b]
I havent found too many distributors. $280 isnt too bad.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
gruppe-s will do it too, but you have to call them with a part number since its not listed on their site.

Hmmm, funny. I have one on order as well. Mine should be in within a week or so.
[/b]
i guess yours and mine are being shipped in the same crate from oz.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
No Cullen has one on the way for me...

Also... its not adjustable to 26MM... it might be adjustable to the stiffness of 26mm.. but not in diameter...

It has an adjustment to preload the suspension...

·
Registered
364 Posts
so what vendor is going to host a group buy for this item?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
woohoo! its in the US and finally on its way to me after a month. installing on nov. 4. ill post an installation walkthru.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts