Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed the center of my infotainment screen on my 2017 Mazda 6 Touring has a white blob inside the center screen. You can also see the digitizer mesh inside of it. Has anyone came across this issue? We had the screen replaced when we picked it up in the summer of 2019 as a certified used due to the outer layer being cleaned improperly from the previous owner. This caused the screen to have permanent smudges/scratches. Had a brand new screen put in due to the warranty but this is strange to me. Maybe Mazda is using cheap electronics or something? You can even see it when the car and screen are turned off.

·
Registered
2016 6
441 Posts
Looks to me like the glue that holds the touch screen and the lcd screen together is coming apart. There is a tsb for that for early model 3's and other models which mazda refers to as "spider-cracking", but if you just had it replaced I'd bring it back and have them warranty it for factory defects.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks to me like the glue that holds the touch screen and the lcd screen together is coming apart. There is a tsb for that for early model 3's and other models which mazda refers to as "spider-cracking", but if you just had it replaced I'd bring it back and have them warranty it for factory defects.
Yeah I actually had the whole screen replaced when we first got the car because the previous owner used some sort of cleaning product that messed up the screen. It's been roughly two years since it's been replaced and noticed this the other day. I moved from Texas to Hawaii recently. I called the dealer and they said since I bought it as a certified used, I should be covered but still need to take it in to get checked out. I figured the digitizer is separating from the LCD screen. Hopefully it gets replaced for free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts