Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about the 7740 bulb, and how we can change it to LEDs and exactly what needs to be done.

My question is exactly what bulb does what I saw?! It was really bright, and looked very white/blue. It was at night, and looked awesome!

I'm just trying to get all of my concerns out, before buying hyper white leds. Will they be bright enough during the day for people to see? What bulb would be best?

Thanks guys :)

I'll elaborate further if needed.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have PIAA blue turn signals in the rear. They are real bright. The bulb itself is blue but lights up hyper white.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wouldn't this be illegal? Hey if you want cops riding your jock go ahead.
[/b]
Any blinking light on your car (in other words your turn signals) should not be red, blue, or white. Thats the law I've always heard. I've heard everything to it being considered impersonating a cop (comparing with the lights on their cars) to a general driver distraction. IF this is the case then I'm sure some cops are pickier then others....

·
Registered
771 Posts
I know about the 7740 bulb, and how we can change it to LEDs and exactly what needs to be done.

My question is exactly what bulb does what I saw?! It was really bright, and looked very white/blue. It was at night, and looked awesome!

I'm just trying to get all of my concerns out, before buying hyper white leds. Will they be bright enough during the day for people to see? What bulb would be best?

Thanks guys :)

I'll elaborate further if needed.
[/b]
Clean Baldy where u from????? i have hyper-white led's for both front and rear signals .....they're sweet at night but during the day its not as noticeable as the amber.....

·
Registered
599 Posts
Any blinking light on your car (in other words your turn signals) should not be red, blue, or white. Thats the law I've always heard. I've heard everything to it being considered impersonating a cop (comparing with the lights on their cars) to a general driver distraction. IF this is the case then I'm sure some cops are pickier then others....
[/b]

Yer correct there I think... but in Mexico, now that's different. When I was there I saw a car with strobe headlights. Seems anything goes there... I envy them.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clean Baldy where u from????? i have hyper-white led's for both front and rear signals .....they're sweet at night but during the day its not as noticeable as the amber.....
[/b]
Im from Buffalo, NY. I was in Toronto, ON last weekend and saw an awesome orange 6, lowered with 18" chrome 5-spoke wheels and the turn signals. I said "I want that"

Now... if only I knew what "That" was...

I dont want the front signals changed, just the rears. I dont care if its "illegal" psh! I need a front plate in New York and I dont have that either. I havent been pulled over because of it. I'll take my chances. I just need to know what it was he had in there!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Ive been pulled over 3 times now in the past month for having blue leds in the side markers. The last time I got the fix-it ticket.
I dont think its worth it now that i have to change them out.
The cop said it was for having ornamental lighting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
samlimstudio
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing