Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I bought the second one (I-type) from user mangowalk. I just bought Friday of last week and am expecting it any day now. I think the other one is way too short, the I-type is about 4 inches. I'd imagine you'd still be able to get decent reception with it without having that stupid, floppy antenna they put on from the factory.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
go with #2 it gets a little better reception

·
Registered
919 Posts
I got the " Y " type for my car, because the reception seems to be pretty good with this one. The short stubbys, although look nicer seem to lose a lot of reception.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I got the " Y " type for my car, because the reception seems to be pretty good with this one. The short stubbys, although look nicer seem to lose a lot of reception.
[/b]

agreed. I haven't tried the Y type, am considering that or maybe the sharkfin. the short stubby's reception sucks, and I'm in a large metropolitan area with lots of signal, still reception is marginal at best.
I might try the Y type, it looks like it might work a bit better.

If you want a real short one, I'm willing to part with mine.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I got the 2nd choice and had to cut down the screw in order to fit it in the base, but my car may be a little different than yours. I have had it on for about 5 months now and the anodizing is beginning to fade a bit.

·
Registered
919 Posts
agreed. I haven't tried the Y type, am considering that or maybe the sharkfin. the short stubby's reception sucks, and I'm in a large metropolitan area with lots of signal, still reception is marginal at best.
I might try the Y type, it looks like it might work a bit better.

I use the "Y" one with the longest rod, and never had any reception problems. It's kind of a balance between looks and function. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm happy with my "B" Series retractable stubby. It seems to be the best of both worlds. It can be retracted for looks, with slightly less reception - or extended for maximum reception, and it still looks good.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I bought the O, and immediately wished i had bought the Y. The O seems anorexic and just doesn't flow with the base very well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts