Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a little over 1000 miles, it feels like my turbo charger "ain't what she used to be". The nice "glide" feeling between 3000 - 4500 rpms just isn't there anymore. Hopefully, I can get a new turbo charger, or at least get it fixed.

Which leads me to my question - Which parts did you have to replace under the car's warranty? With a good sample, perhaps we can find what to be out on a look for, or even replace with a better part period, and avoid such problems. Don't include any reflashes to the ECU since it seems pretty necessary.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
With a little over 1000 miles, it feels like my turbo charger "ain't what she used to be". The nice "glide" feeling between 3000 - 4500 rpms just isn't there anymore. Hopefully, I can get a new turbo charger, or at least get it fixed.
[/b]
That could be from the powerloss problem and not the actual turbo. Usually if a turbo breaks its from the bearings in the shaft, and will make this very loud whining noise (or atleast thats what the ko4's in audi's did). I suggest going to your dealer and asking for the Intermittent Power Loss reflash, you can get some more technical info in the sticky above. As for replacing things under warrantee, I have 6000 miles on my car and have had no problems, not even power loss (maybe once or twice). You will probably hear about grooves in the front rotors (I wouldn't mind getting some better ones once they come out) and transmission problems having to be replaced under warrantee, but besides that, I haven't heard of many people having to get stuff replaced.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I got a groove in my driver side front rotor at around 1600 miles. Dealer resurfaced both front rotors and replaced both front brake pads. I've yet to get the reflash done as powerloss hasn't been an issue for me really. I got it once about 4k miles ago, but its never shown up again. Guess I'll get it done at some point.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah .... I initially thought it was power loss. The problem is I disconnected my battery and left it over night in hopes I would clear the ECU. That didn't work. Also, it has been acting the same way for the past three days constantly. Hopefully it is as easy as a ECU reflash. I wouldn't want to go back to my pickup.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Get a boost gauge on it if at all possible and see what kind of boost you're seeing.

Are you seeing puffs of blue smoke come from your car while under boost? (sign of blown seals).

I've had it in for the reflash and a trunk button that stopped working. Oh yea, and to detail it as the guy who prepped the car had to be Stevie Wonder's brother.

·
Registered
320 Posts
15000km and nothing yet. But I wish they would do something about the engine, since I think 1L of oil consumption in 3000km is too much for a brand new car. That means I have to add 2L of oil BETWEEN oil changes.

Anybody else with this problem?

·
Registered
243 Posts
on a kind-of related question, who decides to perform warranty work? - mazda or the dealership? for example, if I run into a problem with my tranny but have an aftermarket BOV installed, would I run into resistance on getting the tranny fixed under warranty?

-kyran

·
Registered
856 Posts
Check the hose that goes to the throttle body from the IC pipe. The clamp slipped off of mine and I noticed a loss of power under boost.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I got a groove in my driver side front rotor at around 1600 miles. Dealer resurfaced both front rotors and replaced both front brake pads. I've yet to get the reflash done as powerloss hasn't been an issue for me really. I got it once about 4k miles ago, but its never shown up again. Guess I'll get it done at some point.
[/b]
I had the same problem and got brand new rotors and pads from my dealer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
strtfghtr
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing