Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse my ignorance in the subject of HID/retrofitting, but I do know that if I'm going the HID route, it's going to be this way. I was leaning towards the Xtec 50W H1s, but report after report claims the retrofit to be a considerable improvement over a regular HID kit.

It also seems that hidplanet.com is the preferred provider for the retro kits, so people that know about this, please recommend the best, cleanest kit from here:

http://www.hidplanet.com/package.html

Thoughts and advice are welcome. Also, aside from the kit, secure torx bit and other regular tools, is there anything else needed for purchase from an HID store for the install??

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I recommend a retro. A H1 HID kit will be MUCH easier but I prefer OEM parts they last longer. (Philips bulbs and ballast). Yes it is a little bit of work but if you have time and patients it's really not bad. t_mo_t has a GREAT write up on this forum and the audit TT projector E46 really is a decent projector. Good luck and if you need to paint your headlights this would be the time to do so, check out the custom "6" logo I did when I painted my headlight bezels. GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't need a 'walkthrough' nor be convinced that a retrofit is better, but a recommendation on wich one of the 3 retrofit kits shown, may be the better one. Thanks boys!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
there's no really huge difference between the 2 packages... just the projectors that are different... 1 is valeo and the other bosch...

i would recommend the bosch over valeo just because it's easier to integrate to our headlight.... our Europe version mazda6 or 06 mazda6 uses bosch e46/audi tt projector that is shown on the first package...

for tools... secure torx t-20 and wiring harness(recommended)

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
exactly...

wire harness can be found below
http://xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=50

check the sticky's for T_mo_T's walkthrough...its great...and if you search for Mazda6...he has a nice walk through to with pictures...they're both good refrences

good luck on your retro...and POST PICTURES when completed!!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
exactly...

wire harness can be found below
http://xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=50

check the sticky's for T_mo_T's walkthrough...its great...and if you search for Mazda6...he has a nice walk through to with pictures...they're both good refrences

good luck on your retro...and POST PICTURES when completed!!!
[/b]
lol... thanks for the compliments guys...

btw, pololance6i has retrofitted his 6... how abt u sexy6s???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
pololance6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing