Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 02 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Which monster saloon?

M5 is a classic, but the E55 is a work of art. It is one of the most elegant cars ever made.

·
Registered
432 Posts

I vote for the M5 (which happens to be my dream car). It just seems like a true sports sedan. The E may be fast, but nothing about it says sport to me.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

i think they're relatively the same

E55s around 1800kg, whereas, the M5 is around 1750

·
Registered
791 Posts

Just as I thought- that's way to heavy to be sporty, no matter how you slice it. I'm with AJ.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

To put things in prespective -

The last old-school Aston Martin Vantage V8 weighted in at around 1990kilos. Now is that a sporty car or not?

With enough power (WITH control and feel) you could made anything sporty.

·
Registered
432 Posts

Im sorry, but any sedan that can hit 60 in less than 5 seconds, stop from 70 in 156 ft, and circle the skidpad at .90g's [M5's results, Car and Driver] deserves respect, even if it IS 4000 lbs.

·
Registered
464 Posts

Hmmm close call, i think the Mercedes wins just barely in the looks department but I know how fast M5s are and how good they handle so I think my vote is for the M5. Believe it or not though i'd rather have an M3 than an M5.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Which monster saloon?'

Originally posted by Casper 6i

Im sorry, but any sedan that can hit 60 in less than 5 seconds, stop from 70 in 156 ft,  and circle the skidpad at .90g's [M5's results, Car and Driver] deserves respect, even if it IS 4000 lbs.  [/b]
Agreed. I think if you have enough power and good engineering a car's weight shouldn't be a problem.
My vote goes for the M5 cuz I love that car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts