Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
you could set this up as a poll and see what people think, but I'm sure you can already predict the out come. CX-7 FTW!!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
V6 Tribute is not slouch in the power area.

But for handling - the CX-7.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Leave it to a googlefight I can't do it at work but somebody should try it :)

We'll blame it on the fact that the tribute has been out for awhile, and they no longer make it anymore :p

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
V6 Tribute is not slouch in the power area.
[/b]
True, but in the interior refinement, noise levels and ride comfort, the CX-7 is light years ahead of the Tribute. CX-7 looks better, too! :yesnod:

S

·
0 Posts
One plus for the tribute is that it takes regular, not premium gas. A friend also told me that it is his opinion to use synthetic oil in a turbo (+$).

My wife loves her Tribute... that should be enough to go with the CX-7... tribute is a chick suv... cute-ute.

We have not really had any problems with it at all. It has actually been a good vehicle (74k mi). I just can't wait to get rid of it... CX-9 BABY!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
we had a black fully-loaded cx-7 from Mazda, with the manufacturer's plate parked here at the office, it was a beaute.

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Has anyone actually driven the C7..is it true it will only be automatic no manual?
[/b]

Only automatic with sport shift.... I drove one for the first time today and yesterday while my 6 was at the dealer.

Nice little whip and no slouch for power as compared to my wife's Hyundai Tucson. I was impressed with the comfort and ride, but I doubt I would ever get one.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The Mazda Tribute? hahahahahahaha

It's nothing more than a glorified Ford Escape, just like the Mercury version is. There's only a slight difference in the design of the front and rear end when it comes to lights, but, other than that, it's just a Ford Escape with Mazda badging. It looks too plain for my tastes. I'm sure many of them are decent, reliable SUVs, but they're boring, outdated, and, I believe, discontinued. The CX-7 has much more of a personality.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Considering you can't buy the Tribute anymore..... the CX-7. Lock this thread.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Considering you can't buy the Tribute anymore..... the CX-7. Lock this thread.
[/b]
You could still purchase one used and abused...

I actually saw a 2005 Ford Escape (equivalent to Mazda Tribute) for sale at a local car dealership with 85,000 miles on it. How the hell did that happen?

·
Registered
147 Posts
which is better cx-7 or mazda tribute just thinking about switching my vehicle?
[/b]
Enough said...... NO COMPARISON...... Tribute really is a truck like ride, gas guzzler, and less space than the CX-7.....no a down fall for the CX-7 is that is not made for rugged terrain so if you need something with a strong body structure then go for Tribute.
BTW The Tribute will be re-designed for 2008 (see 2008 Mercury Mariner).

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
ibtl :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts