Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was set on getting the magnaflow catback exhause from the RPM store :D . I had planned on ordering it next week sometime as I hear a lot of good things. But I was on this site:

http://www.cvrmotorsports.com/view_product...0091A&id=61

Does anyone have this on their 6? I dont know what the difference is between the too, except maybe for looks. Its more expensive and I didnt know if there was a specific reason, like it being better?

Any info would help, thanks.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I have the Magnaflow on mine, have had it for about 1000 miles now.

It's kinda deep and vibratory when the car is cold, but the note it provides is AWESOME!!

I don't know how to do sound clips, but would gladly let you listen over my cell if you wanna. PM me. ;)

I don't know anything about the other exhaust system. I actually only upgraded because I got a killer deal on mine.

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:yesnod: +1 you will not be disappointed
[/b]
I see..its about $300 more so it better be worth it LoL. Whats the major difference between the SES and the Magnaflow. Is it just the SES has better performance attributes? I always heard so many good things about the magnaflow...now I dont know if I should wait a little while longer and spend the extra money. I also wanted to get the CP-e CAI... Ill have to think about it a little longer I guess before I change my mind from $420 to $680.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
i love the sound of racing beat, but im not a fan of the look. Personally i think magnaflow is the best FOR the price. Espsecially since you can get them for like 300 used which is common. Its a steal for a catback system. And it sounds very nice and looks very good.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I see..its about $300 more so it better be worth it LoL. Whats the major difference between the SES and the Magnaflow. Is it just the SES has better performance attributes? I always heard so many good things about the magnaflow...now I dont know if I should wait a little while longer and spend the extra money. I also wanted to get the CP-e CAI... Ill have to think about it a little longer I guess before I change my mind from $420 to $680.

Thanks for the input guys.
[/b]
i was like that at first also regarding dropping the xtra dough, but even the shop who installed it was so impressed with the quality of the build he said it was definitely worth the extra money... and after seeing it today, because it was on a lift for wheel fitment, man its a thing of beauty.....fitment is so perfect it should come stock....

i cant make up your mind 4 you, thats all you, there are tons of clips around, check them out and pick what you feel suits your needs best... Spidy just posted a link on his Racing Beat he just installed that sounds sweet too...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Search for posts by BlackMagik productions. He has a video of almost every exhaust for the M6. I highly reccommend the Mazdaspeed Exhaust or the Injen SES.

H

·
0 Posts
how bout the greddy evo 2 exhaust?? n does it fit well thru the cut of the bumper??

·
Registered
901 Posts
The greddy and tanabe look like shit IMO. The magnaflow has a good sound and look to it. None of them give any performance gains so do what your wallet tells you.

BTW: I do LOVE the injen and how it sounds, but I cant justify spending 800 bucks on it..

·
Registered
901 Posts
$680 here -----> Injen SES Exhaust

EDIT: my bad guess Donny went up $20 since i ordered last month, its $700 now but still worth it ;) free shipping....
[/b]
700 is still more than im willing to pay for an exhaust. Id rather spend that extra 300 bucks on paying on some debt, or something thats going to be of use :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts