Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a new car... Upgrading my 03 Maz 6.

I have been a big fan of the C350 and test drove a few. Recently the G37 has creeped into my thoughts but I don't like the styling as much, still seems like a racer car. I like the mix of the classy Benz with the AMG styling. Also the BMW 335 has been in the running, but they are usually just enough pricier to get out of my range with the mileage and packages I want. Looking for barely used 2009-2008 models in the sub 34k range.

Anyone with personal experience can chime in. Or your thoughts.

I'm guessing that alot of people are going to recommend the G37 since it has the most HP and cheapest, it just looks way to much like the highly modded Z350/370. Plus plenty of modded G35s and G37s. I would want to slightly mod the car (tint, rims) but no crazy body kits or annoying exhausts.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
QUOTE (travis0385 @ Feb 6 2010, 08:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635209
Considering a new car... Upgrading my 03 Maz 6.

I have been a big fan of the C350 and test drove a few. Recently the G37 has creeped into my thoughts but I don't like the styling as much, still seems like a racer car. I like the mix of the classy Benz with the AMG styling. Also the BMW 335 has been in the running, but they are usually just enough pricier to get out of my range with the mileage and packages I want. Looking for barely used 2009-2008 models in the sub 34k range.

Anyone with personal experience can chime in. Or your thoughts.

I'm guessing that alot of people are going to recommend the G37 since it has the most HP and cheapest, it just looks way to much like the highly modded Z350/370. Plus plenty of modded G35s and G37s. I would want to slightly mod the car (tint, rims) but no crazy body kits or annoying exhausts.[/b]
I have long planned on purchasing a C-class. I actually liked my brother-in-law's C230 Sport. Then I was getting tailgated by a C-class one day when I was driving my wife's Eclipse GT. The whole left lane is open...go around me. She finally figured out that I wasn't going to go any faster in the right lane, changed lanes and punched it. Her's was not a C230 or C240. It was a C55 AMG. It FLEW past me. It sounded so awesome. I decided then that I want one of THOSE!

Just haven't been able to justify the money for it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Caught myself checking out a E550 Coupe.

But there is no way in hell I can ever do an 84 month loan....I just cannot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would recommend the C350. I think it is an amazing car, but more importantly, I think you would be happiest with the C350 based upon your original post. If you are going to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a car, it should be exactly what you want. My question to you is years from now, which car do you think you would enjoy driving once the new car novelty wears off taking into consideration your car payments (if you don't buy it outright), gas costs, insurance costs, and maintenance costs? With that being said, the G37 would offer the best value and the 335 would offer the best performance. Be aware that the 335 has fuel pump issues that still haven't been resolved. BMW will replace them up to 100,000 miles, but you still have to deal with going back to the dealership to get it replaced.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Why not look at an A4. They have good power, really nice styling, gorgeous interiors and are pretty fuel efficient. Plus the AWD is awesome.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Go back to BMW, trust me on this. They are running HUGE incentives right now and I just got a sweetheart deal on a 2010 328i with the M Sport Premium, and 6 speed manual. They knocked off $5,350 plus 2.9% financing for 60 months. I just purchased a week ago from BMW of Austin. This car is just phenomenal! Don't let the 328i power specs fool you. Get this car with a stick and it's damn fast. I would have loved the 335i, but twin turbos ain't my idea of long term reliability since I plan to keep this car forever. Drive a G37 and then go to BMW...there is a difference and that's what you pay for.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Get a 2007 Subaru Legacy GT. Just add I/H/E and a little turbo tweaking,,,easy 300 gidiyaps sleeper :drool:

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Why not look at an A4. They have good power, really nice styling, gorgeous interiors and are pretty fuel efficient. Plus the AWD is awesome.
+1 but check out the S4 for that loot. My buddy picked up an 2004 S4 with about 20K miles on it for like 29K or something on eBay. The clutch is a bit of a pita... quite similar to the 2006 MS6's that haven't had the clutch TSB done.

As for the benz... I like them, but I'm sketchy on most models. I like the AMG 55. Consumer reports has more black eyes for Crys/Benz's Benz's than Mike Tyson's x-gfs. My old 01 Acura CL type S auto had the same black circles... after countless trips to the dealer, a recall, and a class action lawsuit, they finally rebuild the tranny. It wasn't worth the trips across the city to have the dealer say "we couldn't replicate the problem."

The point is that even if they do fix the problems, they are still problems and a huge pita, IMO. Too bad you can't find some desperate chump trying to unload used M3 for a steal.

Good luck with the search!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts