Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the drivers side light was out. I referred to the owners manual and it refers to this light as a turn signal. But its the light that comes on when I turn the lights on?!?!?! In the picture its the one on the far right (red arrow).

Secondly, I looked through the stickies but Holy God....no way can I get my hand back there, WTF? Not to mention how the heck does this clip work???

·
Registered
23 Posts
they are the H1 low beam headlight bulbs... there are a couple great stickys in the electrical part of the forum. 1 of them talks about changing the 194 bulbs and I dont believe they take the bumper off but still should be similar. Also try

Install Guide: Apexcone HID Conversion Kit

it talks about installing HIDs in your mazda 6 by taking off the front bumper which gives u access to the headlights. Otherwise, I've heard it's a pain in the butt otherwise to replace with the bumper on. I guess thats why the owners manual says take it to the dealer...

Reactions: cheapsk8

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'll be leaving the bumper on ........

Okay so if thats my low beam then from the left is it:

high beam
parking light
turn signal

????

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boy did i ever luck out, removed the cover and noticed the electrical wire was off. Plugged it back up and lights worked fine.

I did however notice that in the first light area,high beams, there is a really small bulb to the upper right. Will need to replace those though because they are out

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Geez....more questions<_<

The first light, the high beam works fine. I do notice that there is a bulb in there, which I am assumming is the 194 bulb? That said, at what point is this light suppossed to go on? My light switch in the car only has three options....1 click only turns on the amber side markers in the front fender area but nothing up front in the head light housing. Are those little lights suppossed to light up on the first click??

All other lights are now working but this one is confusing me. I wonder if the only problem is that the lights are burned out and thats why they will not go on?

So....first click and those lights are suppossed to go on? Second click has the low beams on and then of course pulling back on the lever gets the nigh beams on but not the little lights.

Help? Please?:D

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
sounds like you are new to driving (cars in general)

the little bulbs in the hibeam housing (194 size) are front marker lights, they turn on with one click of the switch...

they are easy to swap out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds like you are new to driving (cars in general)
Not new to driving........but since I have a new job with some time on my hands I can tinker a little more. Previously I broght my cars into the shop for damn near everything because it was more conveiniant and I did not have the time.

That said, sounds like my 194's are burned out.....Thanks....Off to NAPA:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey Cheapsk8-
When you get the chance you will want to upgrade your H1 bulbs to HID... I had H1 halogens and they would burn out every 6 mo to a year, I put in a cheap set of HID (VVME.com) and have one set of bulbs go in the past two years of always being on. I upgraded to the 50 watts, and gave the ballasts to my friend for his honda's projector retro and they are still running another year later...
It is way easier than you think to take off the front bumper... (even if you dont have very good mechanic skills) and the light output is night and day (pun intended) The dealer will charge you $90.00 to put in new bulbs... not including the price of bulbs ($15-20.00/bulb) I have had the 50 watt in for the past year. @ 6000k (70.00 shipped from VVME.com) and never been flashed by oncoming traffic... Best upgrade to date.

Reactions: cheapsk8
1 - 11 of 11 Posts