Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i am a proud new owner of a '06 Pearl white Grandtouring package speed 6 :)
However where i live is not the best in town and need a alarm. I know it already has ignition kill and keyless entry and a passive alarm that came with it ... therefor i just need something that will sound so i hear it if someone is messing with my car.
Thing is i dont want to have to replace the transponderS? keys with new ones... I would like to keep that part the same .
Which alarm would be best compatible to work with what it comes with so it basically just adds on a Tilt,,, for flatbed thiefs... and Glass/vibration sensors ?

Like i said i want something compatible to use the existing system rather then disable and have the new one take over completely

Thanks for all the help and advice in advance!

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
You have a factory alarm, and with the GT it would be really tough to integrate an aftermarket alarm system. You can get shock sensors from the dealer, as I remember they were an option when I was buying my car. Something like this: Alarm Shock Sensor Upgrade - H12 - Mazda 6

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have a factory alarm, and with the GT it would be really tough to integrate an aftermarket alarm system. You can get shock sensors from the dealer, as I remember they were an option when I was buying my car. Something like this: Alarm Shock Sensor Upgrade - H12 - Mazda 6
looks like the best way to go to keep the existing system the main one

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Hi all i am a proud new owner of a '06 Pearl white Grandtouring package speed 6 :)
Congrats on the new car, and I must say you have very nice taste! As for the alarm, just hire this kid to watch your car... you could probably pay him in candy bars.

·
Registered
668 Posts
lol wow ?/\ , I just got a refurbished Viper 5701 for $90. Slickdeals is tha shit! Has a bunch of features, like remote start, alarm, trunk release, turbo timer, car temp. etc. I talked to one of the Best Buy installers and he said they could keep all my stock features of the GT (advance Key-less Entry). But i would still have to use the Viper key less to DISABLE the alarm. That pisses me off because i love walking up to my door and pushing that little black button to unlock the doors. So i have to figure something out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol wow ?/\ , I just got a refurbished Viper 5701 for $90. Slickdeals is tha shit! Has a bunch of features, like remote start, alarm, trunk release, turbo timer, car temp. etc. I talked to one of the Best Buy installers and he said they could keep all my stock features of the GT (advance Key-less Entry). But i would still have to use the Viper key less to DISABLE the alarm. That pisses me off because i love walking up to my door and pushing that little black button to unlock the doors. So i have to figure something out.

Hahah... Same here man!!
Thats why i am trying to figure out everything right now to see if there is a compatible system with the factory one.
I think i might just have to add the sensors from the dealership... hopefully they got sensors for glass being broken aswell.
The car it self is so perfect the way it comes... atleast for me... thats the only thing i am trying to figure out ;)

Haha i think i got a couple candy bars for that kid..

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
"trunk monkey"

lolz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts