Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a Control Unit-BCM

need to replace old with new one but have no clue where it would be in my car:huh:

Any insight on locating this would be greatly appreciated! :D

So I tapped into a ground wire in the drivers door panel since the panel itself is a poor ground connection and i already have the rubber wiring gromet between the door hinges stuffed with multiple power wires and bigger speaker wires, solder connect and heatshrinked then electrical taped everything, and all of a sudden the passangers window is the only one that rolls up/down... took it into the dealership and after $600 they came to the conclusion i needed a new Control Unit-BCM...... couldnt afford to pay for labor with having them install it but luckly for me they dont need to reset any technical codes or programs er anything like that and all the connections on the module itself look like simple plug in connections. picked the part up today but unfortunetally ive never seen it before or have any idea as to where this would go! lol wat the heck...

Attachments

·
Registered
921 Posts
The Body Control Module (BCM) is behind the driver kick panel.
Pull the inside rocker trim upward to remove it.
Find the plastic nut holding the kick panel to the floor and unscrew it.
Pull the panel rearward to unsnap it and you will be able to see the BCM (behind the fuses).
Unplug everything (Battery first) and unbolt the module.

That should be right, it's been a few months since I've had that panel off.
~Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts