Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the newest copy of Car and Driver yesterday and the Mazdaspeed3 is one of the 10 best cars of the year. Wonder why we don't get the love? :huh:

·
Registered
139 Posts
C&D didn't like the MSP6 for some reason, oh well I don't need a magazine to tell me that my car is great, I just go outside and drive it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I noticed that yesterday when I was looking at Car and Driver. MS6 IMO has a lot more competition in its class than the MS3

This is what C&D says about the MS3

Other elements include brake and suspension enhancements, look-at-me exterior trim, seats worthy of a BMW, and racy-but-tasteful interior trim. With a base price of $22,835, this package is unbeatable. But if the foregoing doesn’t sound like enough, dealers blessed by Mazdaspeed will be offering a cold-air intake and cat-back exhaust that add up to an additional 30 horsepower. Sounds bad enough to us.

Hopefully we (MS6 owners) can benefit from this cold-air intake anad cat-back exhaust as well.

More info here:

http://www.caranddriver.com/bestcars/12066...zdaspeed-3.html

·
Registered
940 Posts
Hopefully we (MS6 owners) can benefit from this cold-air intake anad cat-back exhaust as well.

[/b]
There is already a mazdaspeed CAI for the MS6 - there is no way a cat-back from a MS3 would fit.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,553 Posts
So I got the newest copy of Car and Driver yesterday and the Mazdaspeed3 is one of the 10 best cars of the year. Wonder why we don't get the love? :huh:
[/b]
A vehicle has to be "heavily revised" or "all-new" for the model year (in this case, 2007), or be a winner from the previous year (2006). That's why the MS3 is a winner (it's all-new) as well as the 5-year-old Honda Accord (it won in '06 and a bunch of years before that).

So for the MS6, it would've been eligible last year, but since it didn't win, and wasn't revised for '07, it's out.

Incidentally, the Mazda6s was one of the 10Best for 2003... :)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
A vehicle has to be "heavily revised" or "all-new" for the model year (in this case, 2007), or be a winner from the previous year (2006). That's why the MS3 is a winner (it's all-new) as well as the 5-year-old Honda Accord (it won in '06 and a bunch of years before that).

So for the MS6, it would've been eligible last year, but since it didn't win, and wasn't revised for '07, it's out.

Incidentally, the Mazda6s was one of the 10Best for 2003... :) [/b]
I hate to correct you, but in the newest issue they list the mazdaspeed6 as being eligible.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
right here :love: Can't wait to work out that deal......soon

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,553 Posts
I hate to correct you, but in the newest issue they list the mazdaspeed6 as being eligible.
[/b]
Okay, that makes NO sense, since there's a '06 model MS6... Maybe because there wasn't a model available when they did the '06 balloting?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Okay, that makes NO sense, since there's a '06 model MS6... Maybe because there wasn't a model available when they did the '06 balloting?
[/b]
Exactly. They do the testing in early September, and they also have a list of nominees that were unable to provide a test car. If a manufacturer can't one year, its treated as "all-new" the next.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,553 Posts
Exactly. They do the testing in early September, and they also have a list of nominees that were unable to provide a test car. If a manufacturer can't one year, its treated as "all-new" the next.
[/b]
Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

In that case, since C&D HOSED the MS6 in their "Everyday Heroes" comparison, I'm not surprised.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Well, at least they showed that the car is FAST FAST FAST! After being sure to put in some 93 unleaded (way to go Motortrend, lol) they ripped a 5.4 0-60 without powershifting. Those are numbers no one can scoff at :)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Motor Trend forgot one thing....to RTFM before test driving. Makes them a credible source for information, don't you think?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts