Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I am thinking this would be one on the easiest parts of the install and I was wrong. Mazda has bundled up all those wires so tight, then taped them up, then stuffed them in nearly impossible places AND made them as short as they can. I'm talking about the footwell area.

Am I going to have to run wires from the doors to my LOC or the rear of the head unit? Please don't tell me the head unit. There has to be an easy way for this.

Oh I wish I had the Bose system. I would be done already.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The footwell? That's a horrible idea. Just pull the head unit out and tap in there. It takes a total of 5 minutes to take the head unit out. As long as you remember to get the bolt accessed from the glovebox off, you're not risking breaking anything. Every single case of a broken circuit board was because that bolt was not removed. Guaranteed. You've got nothing to worry about. Use the walk through on 6tech, take your time, and it's no problem.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, horrible is right. I pulled out the deck and spliced in behind it. Easier than I thought it would be. Should be testing things soon!!!

Thanks Dave!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts