Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, the little square cutout that imported cars have either on the front or rear bumper, that's used to anchor the car on barges. All German cars and other imported cars have them. I noticed that our cars don't and they are imported from Japan.

Is it hidden somewhere behind one of the foglamps or something?

Yeah, it's a slow morning. :drive:

·
Registered
998 Posts
Read the manual. Its in the black mesh grill. I believe while looking at the car, its right of center. Youll see an a square cut-out that you pop out.

Theres also one on the back bumper in the black section.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
it's not just imports. i think all cars have some sort of tie down point.

·
Registered
820 Posts
it's to hook up the winch when you fly in a ditch, there's one on the back bumper too. haha, not really sure if that's the reason but anyway.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. They hid them well. BMWs have them well visible and I think they look ugly.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Those hooks are intended for the local tow-truck driver to hook to instead of one of your half-shafts, or whatever else he can get his hook on. They also work good for shipping.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to revive a very old thread but... I have an issue with these holes. I would like to use them to tie down the bow and stern of my kayak when it's on the roof rather than run the strap under the bumper. Unfortunately, the rear holes are pretty corroded after a couple of winters of driving and I can't get the rear bolts in more than a single turn. I have tried WD40, penetrating oil, the usual and that isn't working. Do I need to get a tap set to re-tap the holes? If I do will the bolts still fit or will they be too small? Is there something I can put in the holes to remove the corrosion? This is probably a basic job but I've never done it before.

·
Registered
806 Posts
They're very handy on track day, if you end up in the gravel they pull you out by them. A lot of guys go proactive and put the hooks in at the beginning of the day and run with them in all day just in case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts