Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 6i (nonsport) auto. It's pretty much the most basic you can get a 6 (wheel covers, no spoiler, no tint, etc), plus an automatic transmission. I've got a decent amount of cash right now and I've decided it's time to make some changes. The first things on my list are wheels and a spoiler. There are a few 6's where I live with wheels that don't really fit the design of the car (i.e too "<strike>bling bling</strike>"). I was thinking of trying to find a nice set of mazdaspeed6 rims or the 18" rims that come on the 6s Grand Sport. For the spoiler, I've definitely decided against ordering it from the dealer. I've considered eBay, but hearing horror stories have given me second thoughts. My family owns a body shop so anything I can't do myself I can just take there. A few other things I'm thinking about are fog lamps, sport grille, shark fin antenna, and EVENTUALLY HIDs (I'll take that one on once I've read over the forums more and actually understand what is being talked about). I'm planning on going from the exterior to interior to mechanical with my mods. Am I on the right track, and if not should I start?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I think your plan will work out well cuz you own a bodyshop which will definitely save you a lot on the body work.

Drop the car, get rims and tires, bodykit...etc.

There's no right order as long as you feel comfortable with it. I mean it's your car, do whatever you like to it since you have enough cash. However, if you go for a different body style, fog light and grille could be omitted from the list.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Something like this:

0. A bunch of free exterior mods (shaving off doorguard/badges, lights, etc)
1. Rims
2. Drop
3. Sports grill
4. HID Retrofit
5. Kenstyle bodykit :D

If you had the alloys, I would interchange 1 and 2, but since you're running hubbies, dropping it first might make it look more ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
If you want a body kit, I've got a really nice, rare kit for sale in my signature. Take a look.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any suggestions on rims? I'm planning on buying them in the next week. Should I go OEM 18", MazdaSpeed 18", or aftermarket?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Any suggestions on rims? I'm planning on buying them in the next week. Should I go OEM 18", MazdaSpeed 18", or aftermarket?
[/b]
I really like the Kosei K1-TS or the RX-8 rims are pretty sweet. But you'll probably want a drop.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Lucky to have family owning a body shop for a place for mods to be done.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
im not gonna lie, i highly dislike the 18' oem wheels but thats personal, many members drool over them. I think the 17' look much better. But just get rid of your steelies. Next get a spoiler. Unfortunately, thats 900 bones right there. But to make your car look that much better, you gotta do what you gotta do. Do all free mods. Then change out interior lights. That is where to start.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Have you considered getting a lip instead of a spoiler?
[/b]
Hehe, get a rear lip spoiler, MS6 OE rims, and a MS6 hood (from someone who bought a CF hood), and some people might think you have an MS6. You can probably get a MS6 badge from someone who's de-badged theirs!

:nana:

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Just getting a spoiler will make the 6 look cheap. If you're gonna add on, you start from the bottom up. Aftermarket wheels/tires; front/ rear lips; side skirts. Spoiler last.

My2c...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
i say go at what ever makes most sense. I obviously think different than many. My car was similar to yours (with nothing except 6 speed tranny and 17" alloys). I did grille first. Interior next. Audio third. Headlight stuff fourth. Suspension fifth. and Spoiler 6th. ( & obviously a few little things hear and there) It just all depends on how you make the aproach. And if you have the money you get everything the same in the end. Good luck with you decisions. Your going to hear different opinions from Most people. All which enquire a smiliar concept but in different orders. The big thing is its up to you.

Im just giving you my opinions, whether you take my .02 or not, i have no harmed feelings. Im just trying to help out. Good luck to you and your modding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts