Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a little rant - "Damn they pack a lot of shit under the hood of these cars :mad: !!! - there feel a bit better now !!

Starting to install a new deck and amps in my 2010. I've spent most of tonight trying to figure where to get the power feed for the amps through the firewall. There's 2 grommets - a smaller one near to the top that I could get a feeder through, but can't see from the engine side. The other larger harness that most of the wiring goes through, I couldn't get through the engine side of the rubber.

Where and how did you guys get the wires thru ?? If you could post some pictures it would be great.

Thanks much !!!
Steve

·
Registered
659 Posts
You have an S or something?

There's a buttload of room in the "I" engine compartment.

I got through at the main grommet, near the steering shaft . . . no pictures, I just couldn't get any it was so deep inside and convoluted. USE WIRE LUBE. It won't make it easy, but it will bring it a bit closer to "possible" from 'not farking happening'.

I think I fit 2ga wire through there, but you could push . . . maybe 1 would fit, I doubt 0/1 would fit.

-Ernie

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you look right up on the firewall behind the pedals there might be a little white plastic piece that looks like it was just used to cover a hole or something. Thats what I used after I couldn't get it through the grommet. I'll try to get a picture for you tommorow.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Take the battery out. You'll see it a lot more clearly. I still used a fishtape. Don't have a fishtape? Use a wire hanger.

I ran 2ga through. Lubed with car-wash soap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts