Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to install an amp in my mazda however i am having trouble getting the power cable throught the firewall. as i cant get it throught the main wiring loom without pulling out the whole dash because the blower unit is covering it (right hand drive).i just wanted to know if there is another location i can runt he wire through?

·
Registered
60 Posts
The toughest part about the grommet that the main loom goes through is (at least on the 3.0) is getting it up through to the battery. I recommend an extra set of eyes to help you find it coming through the firewall, but if you want to screw around with trying to get it to pop through, more power to you. With persistence, and some lube, you'll get it.

Where did you guys ground the wire? I need help with that
That depends on where you're putting the amp. If you're putting it in the trunk, lift up the liner and ground it to the floor. There isn't anything under it, the closer you get to the spare tire well. Be careful if you're going to try to put it under the rear seats, you'll be close to the gas tank there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im trying to install an amp in my mazda however i am having trouble getting the power cable throught the firewall. as i cant get it throught the main wiring loom without pulling out the whole dash because the blower unit is covering it (right hand drive).i just wanted to know if there is another location i can runt he wire through?
did you manage? I also have a right hand drive, its driving me nuts, it looks so easy on the left hand mazdas, but the right hand drive mazdas dont have the features people are describing under the left drivers side, that damn blower unit has cut my hands up majorly trying to get behind it

·
Registered
111 Posts
Where is your blower unit, passenger side or driver side? Also where is the battery located?

You are implying that the battery is still on the left side of the car, along with the wiring spool and grommet?

I have a USDM Mazda6, but I just installed an amp. I just opened the hood, removed the battery and anything blocking my view of the firewall if I could move it, and then found the rubber wiring grommet, cut a small X into either side and then use a wiring hanger or any long thin tool to puncture through the grommet and push through the other side with your new cable attached.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts