Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I broke down and ordered a water injection kit for the car. After observing how the car reacts with 94+ octane fuel and how it feels after heat soak, even running though the gears at full throttle leaves a lot of consistancy to be desired. I think the intercooler falls short or at least low speed air current in the engine bay sucks. Regardless I'm doing a water/methonal injection install soon and my biggest debate is where should I install the arming switch?

I love the clean interior and hate to mess it up with an out of place switch, hell I'm debating gauges because I don't want to ruin the look. The best place I could think of is getting a small push button for the blank switch panel bellow the amb button on the center stack, even that looks lame. The other possible spot is coin holder near the knee bolster or on the knee bolster itself.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
create a plate for where the ashtray is and mount it there. Then you can close the ashtray lid and hide it if you want. Plus, even if you smoke, NOBODY would dare smoke in an MS6

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i think in/near the coinholder would be nice. no one sees it, and you probably wouldnt have to take much of your dash apart to get through the firewall with the wires

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
create a plate for where the ashtray is and mount it there. Then you can close the ashtray lid and hide it if you want. Plus, even if you smoke, NOBODY would dare smoke in an MS6
[/b]
Not a bad idea... I do like things to be able to be hidden.

NO SMOKING EVER IN ANY OF MY CARS, No drinking or eating either, that's a primary date filter.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
[/b]
Awe... but what if that's where you keep your stash? :D

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I'd actually put it in the coin holder below the light adjustment / DSC switches. That way it can be totally hidden, plus that part is interchangeable with all Mazda 6 vehicles with black dash, IIRC. Easy to replace down the road.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ok so I broke down and ordered a water injection kit for the car. After observing how the car reacts with 94+ octane fuel and how it feels after heat soak, even running though the gears at full throttle leaves a lot of consistancy to be desired. I think the intercooler falls short or at least low speed air current in the engine bay sucks. Regardless I'm doing a water/methonal injection install soon and my biggest debate is where should I install the arming switch?

I love the clean interior and hate to mess it up with an out of place switch, hell I'm debating gauges because I don't want to ruin the look. The best place I could think of is getting a small push button for the blank switch panel bellow the amb button on the center stack, even that looks lame. The other possible spot is coin holder near the knee bolster or on the knee bolster itself.
[/b]

Glad to hear someone is doing this. I can't wait to hear how it works out.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I agree with Dave, that's were I would put it. It folds up and a nice togle would go good there.

Also let me know when you're doing this if you need a hand or someone to pass beers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hows about a push button that clicks on or off on the back of the steering wheel?
[/b]
Would love to but the logistics would be a pain in the a$$

Awe... but what if that's where you keep your stash? :D
[/b]
In the trunk with guns and dead hooker, DUH!

Does the kit you bought just inject water or a water/methenol mix?
[/b]
It'll do water/methonal mist, it's the coolingmist system. Aquamist was way over price, good system did one in an S4 but EXPENSIVE.

I'd actually put it in the coin holder below the light adjustment / DSC switches. That way it can be totally hidden, plus that part is interchangeable with all Mazda 6 vehicles with black dash, IIRC. Easy to replace down the road.
[/b]
I think the coin holder is where it's at.

I agree with Dave, that's were I would put it. It folds up and a nice togle would go good there.

Also let me know when you're doing this if you need a hand or someone to pass beers
[/b]
Hell yeah you better stop by. If you get your oil changed this weekend, and want to talk to parts guy. Feel free to ask how much a new intercooler to throttle body boot pipe is. If it's not tooo crazy I want to get a spare so I could do the drilling and threading on it. I should get the kit friday, I'm going to figure out the logistics next week and install as soon as I have all the ancillery parts and anything I need to fabricate.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Super stealthy = rear defroster switch
Automatically shuts off after 10 minutes and provides a + out usually.
This will be my cutout/high boost switch.
Hide it in plain sight.
:)
Mike
[/b]
ooh that is sneaky...what about the rear defrost then? :huh:

·
Registered
856 Posts
ooh that is sneaky...what about the rear defrost then? :huh:
[/b]
I'm not sure a rear defroster is necessary in Arizona. I live in Texas and only use mine once or twice a year.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There is an empty slot for a switch below the AMB on the right of the display stack. Assuming that it isn't used for an option I dont have.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Bump! When can we expect some feedback on this?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts