Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, 2 questions I have for the speed 6 experts here. First question is where can i order or buy an oil filter for my MS6 cause my uncle is gonna do my changes for free but i just have to get the filter for him cause the Mobile 1 oil i can pick up at wal-mart i saw so just the filter i have to get a hold of or is it cheaper just to bring it to the dealer?? Next question I have is how long do you usually warm your car up for.lol I know noob question but i just got my MS6 5 days ago and want to have a reliable engine and turbo. I have been just warming up for 5-6 minutes. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
967 Posts
The MS6 doesn't take conventional oil filters so to speak. It uses a cartridge. As for warm up time, folks on these boards have said that the engine is built to warm up very quickly. I'd say 5-6 minutes is overkill. Then again, I don't live in a cold climate either.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
what do you mean warming the engine up? as in before you put it into 1st, and drive off? If so, then you dont really have to warm the engine up... jstu dont drive it hard for the first powertrain and drivetrain(axle, LSD, turbo.. and such) and start shifting at low shift points, such as 2500 or so.. and just increse as time goes on and as needed... jsut dont push the car within the first 5-15 minutes...then you'll be straight..

welcome to the club, and have fun with the speed6
word of advice, search "broken axle" and read up on the topics about that....and just real as many topics as you can so you dont get your self with a broken/abused MS6.... and so you wont post double posts

-Adeel

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
just ordered a bunch of these

rosenthal mazda

http://www.finishlineperformance.com/index.html

i got the oil filters with O rings, a bunch of the necessary aluminum crush washers (be sure to ask for these as they are necessary), and the specialized wrench tool for $10.00.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I haven't needed any washers. I just ordered a bunch for my 5 and 6.

·
Registered
967 Posts
just ordered a bunch of these

rosenthal mazda

http://www.finishlineperformance.com/index.html

i got the oil filters with O rings, a bunch of the necessary aluminum crush washers (be sure to ask for these as they are necessary), and the specialized wrench tool for $10.00.
[/b]
That's a heck of a deal there especially since the dealership charges you like $55.00 for a Mobil 1 change.

·
Registered
436 Posts
What are the aluminum crush washers for?
[/b]
They help prevent leaks from your oil pan. You should replace them each time you change the oil.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
That's a heck of a deal there especially since the dealership charges you like $55.00 for a Mobil 1 change.
[/b]
the wrench alone was $10 (which is priced as high as $30 else where). this is a good deal. the filters were around $5 each. the washers around $1 each. all and all the best prices i could find and the service was terrific. call them and ask for speed6 specific parts. the website isnt up to date.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow thanks so much all of you for you input strongly appreciated it is.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Mazdastuff.com has the 2.3 litre engine's oil filter on sale for $4.95 and they also have the above-mentioned took for $14. I am not wholly sure if those are the type we need. Can someone tell me for sure, its in their specials section on the left margin of their website.

·
Registered
851 Posts
i got my filters for $5 from the dealer along with with the $0.90 drain plug washers.

I bought the tool from autozone for $4.00 it's the 'B' filter one made by OEM. it's made out of stamped steel and works better than napas plastic one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts