Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Mazda 6 and want to change the Cabin Air Filter. I can not find a 3rd party Air filter that fits. I went to several autoparts dealers and the Cabin Air Filter liste din their catalogs never fit. Does anyone know where to find one?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Interesting that the '09+ cars aren't available aftermarket. I bought mine from Amazon - a Bosch for $20 shipped.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Walmart, I got mine there

·
Registered
117 Posts
Walmart, I got mine there
Walmart carries the correct filter for the pre gen 2 series vehicles. For whatever reason the part number on the Fram walmart filter says it should fit in the 09 series but as stated, it's about a 1/4inch too long. All the car part dealers carry the same miss labeled part as well.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
^
u sure its incorrect? the ones at walmart fit the 1st gens kinda large like that also. and you just push it in to make it fit. probably the same for you guys also. ;)

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
no. that was my main thought also when i installed mine. but since everyone else always said it works, i decided screw it. lol. the output in the vents is unchanged, so it didnt really make any difference. but i agree i wish they fit a little better. but if thats that important to you, then buy OEM.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I bought one from walmart and it fit just fine, the second one I bought was to long, yet the instructions showed a 1st gen interior, I just grabbed a scissors and cut half an inch or so off and installed it with a perfect fit having been trimed to shape, a little ghetto, yes, but I didn't much care to go out and return it and then try to hunt down the right on, I imagin the price would be the same had I bothered to exchange it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts