Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where to get Mazda Lower Fogs for The Sport Bumper at a reasonable price. I have already purchased the lower Mazda Fog Lights and they DO NOT fit the Sport Package.

Dealer is no help (they Thought They would fit). I have seen pictures on the
Japanese Sights showing the lower fogs on the sport package.

I am sorry if this was already covered.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Reading Topic: Where to buy Lower Fogs On US Sport Bumper?

The JDM parts are completely different, the only way for the fogs to fit is to buy the appearance bumper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Dragon. The US sports bumper is the same as in europe and japan. I just need the fog lights. I am returning the fog lights I Got.The dealer said they would fit.

I don't understand what you mean "buy the appearance bumper".

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

The fogs you have fit the appearance bumper. Thats what I meant and I don't know where to get the JDM fogs as I'm waiting for the taillight covers from somewhere.

·
Registered
48 Posts

hmmm, that seems like it will be really, really expensive to ship. yeah I would also like to get some bottom fog lights for my mazda 6 w/ a sports package! Argh!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I will be calling Some impoters about these Lower Fogs for the Sport BUMPER. I Can Have multiple (as in better deal); Lights shipped to my store. I will bear the expense of importing. I will get prices and let you guys know.

Then I can Ship UPS to all my fellow Mazda 6 Buddys.

It seems That SAIDIN is in....ANYONE ELSE interested in Lower FOGS For the SPORT BUMPER !!! PLEASE POST

·
Registered
543 Posts

Just to make sure....you mean an extra set of fog lights in the bottom holes of the front bumper apron, since the fog lights that come as part of the Sport Package are up by the regular headlights, right?

I'd be interested, but would want to know how much it'd be total first.
:)

·
Registered
48 Posts

yes I am interested.....but just like mazdamarla, I am would like to know the price first!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Same here, interested depending on price. Also, how are they gonna hook in? I can see them working together with the fogs in the headlamps. I'd rather have them controlled externally by themselves, even though that would make it an illegal set-up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I personally would Order an Extra TCS Switch and install it in the lower left of dash in that blank spot and you Could Independently Turn them on...IT would look factory....NO HACK here.

And Yes, These would be EXTRA lights on the bottom IN ADDITION to the fogs up above...

I will be in touch

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

That I could go for. Would love to be able to drive with just the fogs. I'll have to take a look when I leave work, but what empty slot are you speaking of? I know there's the TCS and dimmer control, but is there another blank spot?

Though a little more involved, it would be interesting to map out the beam pattern on the road of the headlights and headlamp foglights both independently and together. Then maybe adjusting these fogs to provide more illumination beyond, maybe further up the road or to the sides. Possible? I noticed that the fogs in the headlamps have a distinct horizontal cutoff about 5 or so feet in front of the car.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts

price first, but i am interested!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Between THE TCS and Dimmer is a a Hard Plastic. Like a fake button. That was put there in case MAZDA needed an extra switch for something.
I have not actually pulled it apart but it should be no problem.
(Many Car makers do this)

I asked Mazda parts if they made any other buttons (what do they know). They said NO.

I am considering getting an EXTRA TCS switch in place of that blank spot OR if Other Countries have a switch United States does not have they could let us know...

G

·
Why EXACTLY won't lower fogs fit in Sport Bumper

Several people have mentioned that the lower fog lights will NOT fit in the Sport model bumper.

Can anyone explain EXACTLY what about the Sport Bumper makes them not fit.

Is it something that could be remedied by a simple modification to either the bumper or the fog lights?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Where to buy Lower Fogs On US Sport Bumper?

The Shape of the Opening Is different. The Angles are different. It can not be remedied by a simple modification, in my opinion.

·
Registered
48 Posts

ENORMIS.net - any word on when you will be ordering the fog lights, and their price. Let us know when you find out!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts

Hey im in..depending on price...and what type of fog lights you order, i have a Mazda6 WITHOUTH the sports package so from what i've been reading it would be different than the sports package and i also wanted to get them SQUARE and with YELLOW-LIGHTING...if you're going to have these, then i'm in...

Elmer

1 - 20 of 59 Posts