Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just bought a jl e4300 4ch amp. Got a smoking deal. But its not going to fit where the bose amp is now. So for thoses of you that have upgraded your system. Where did you mount your amp and where did you run your wires?
Thanx
Gerald

·
Registered
238 Posts
mines just wedged between my sub and the pass side wall. I need to find a better and cleaner spot so i'd like to see peoples ideas too. :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The amp for my subs is on my sub box. The new amp is for my door speakers. I thought about putting the new amp on the box aswell but i want to change the subs out soon aswell. So im looking for a more permanent location. Some where that i can screw holes into with out hitting anything vital like other wires.

·
Registered
88 Posts
on my box

neat, clean and easy.
[/b]
Arent there preformance issues with that? Im a newb, :\

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the manual for the amp it says DO NOT mount upside down. id like to mount tyhe amp on the back of the seats but thats just alittle past vertical. Will that be bad?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
performance issues? :headscrat:

no. the smaller the length of the wires running to and from your amp the better it is. if you have 1 ft. of speaker wire it is theoretically better than 4 ft. same with the ground wire.

·
Registered
88 Posts
performance issues? :headscrat:

no. the smaller the length of the wires running to and from your amp the better it is. if you have 1 ft. of speaker wire it is theoretically better than 4 ft. same with the ground wire.
[/b]
I ment the putting 4 holes into your box, assuming your mounting it on the box like that... I just always thought that would be bad.

That and the subs being so close to the amp, isnt there a car audio term, something along the lines, of shaking or rattling your amp to death?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
when you put the screws in, it is sealed. there shouldn't be an air leaks. even if there is, the screw holes are so tiny that it isn't going to make a difference.

as for the shaking and rattling, just think of what it goes through riding in your car. sure the speakers are more constant, but a bad bump is much worse than bass. amps aren't as fragile as most people think.

·
Registered
88 Posts
when you put the screws in, it is sealed. there shouldn't be an air leaks. even if there is, the screw holes are so tiny that it isn't going to make a difference.

as for the shaking and rattling, just think of what it goes through riding in your car. sure the speakers are more constant, but a bad bump is much worse than bass. amps aren't as fragile as most people think.
[/b]
Thank you for schooling me almighty pololance6i :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
My sub enclosure is carpeted so I just put a bunch of the velcro on the amp and mounted on the sub box itself and used two sided velcro to hold the box to the floor. Has held up flawlessly so far.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
In the trunk, of course :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
mounted amp to a carpeted piece of MDF, then attached the board to the trunk support member.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
15 Participants
Tyroneshoes
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing