·
Registered
585 Posts
Down near the ac compressor.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I think I see it... it's above the oil filter, right? Next question, how am I supposed to get at that? Do I need to take the filter out? Can I get away without draining the oil to replace the switch?

·
Registered
585 Posts
What year do you have? You should be able to get a socket on it after pulling the plug off. I do't believe you will need to drain the oil.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's a 2004. It's impossible to get my hand in from the top and I can just barely reach it from the bottom

·
Registered
585 Posts
Are you sure it is bad?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had a mechanic tell me it was bad. Was going to do it myself but then it looked like so much work to get at it that I ended up paying to have it done. Had a pressure test done at the same time and pressure reads OK.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

I've added a tee fitting and capillary tube to a mechanical gauge - and I've deleted my AC, but that is the stock switch & connector treaded into the tee and the tee is threaded into the original hole.

Good luck.
CR

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ToeCheese,

How much did the mechanic quote you for the labor and parts? The oil pressure sender also went out on my 2004 Sportwagon. Pressure check OK but oil pressure light on. Mine said 3 hours...

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
21 Posts
What year do you have? You should be able to get a socket on it after pulling the plug off. I do't believe you will need to drain the oil.
By chance, can I get confirmation whether or not any oil needs to be drained in order to change out the oil pressure switch?

Planning on changing out this weekend on my 05 3.0L V6.

Yeah, I know this is an old thread.

·
Rally Racer
2,890 Posts
By chance, can I get confirmation whether or not any oil needs to be drained in order to change out the oil pressure switch?

Planning on changing out this weekend on my 05 3.0L V6.

Yeah, I know this is an old thread.

You don't have to drain anything. Just wait for it to cool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's what I want to know how in the world are you supposed to get to the thing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts