Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my car threw a CEL last night, I looked under the hood to see if I could find the vacuum hose people are refering too. I'm not sure where to look, everything around the intake looks secure, is the hose somewhere else? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
158 Posts
Reading Topic: Where is the hose that is causing the CEL issue?

I'm going completly from memory, so I apologize if I botch the names of things. Looking at the intake, you've got the airbox then the throttle body then something else that has what appears to be a servo attached to it (this could be the throttle body, but I don't know). From this second object running to the firewall is the vacuum hose. It runs almost straight back. There are a couple of other hoses, and it's not obvious at first that a hose has fallen off as everything is black. I'd take a picture of it, but I've got plans for the evening and need to get going.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Where is the hose that is causing the CEL issue?'

These pics should help you out. Note that the hose on there now is the replacement, not the original.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for posting that, I acutally took my car into the dealer today to get my V6 badges installed and to have them look at the problem, so I hope they will replace the hose with a longer one if that turns out to be the problem. I'll take some pics of the Badges when I get my car back.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Looks like that could be an IACV hose... that would explain the fluctuations in the idle.

-Alt

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

well, had to leave my car with the dealer today as they didn't have enough time to do all the tests they wanted too on my car, so I don't know yet what the CEL issue is. My dealer ran out of Protege loaners so now I'm driving a ford focus, which I have to say is a piece of sh*t, now I remember why I don't drive American cars, I imagine the SVT version of this car is better, but man this base version makes me want to cry after having my 6, I miss my car already......

·
Registered
158 Posts

Originally posted by Altersys

Looks like that could be an IACV hose... that would explain the fluctuations in the idle.

-Alt[/b]
From the service invoice:

"Found code P2227 baro sensor malfunction traced problem to vacume hose from EGR vacume switch to EGR valve came off. installed updated vacume switch and hose to repair canceled code."

I think this is the same as one that a kid posted a while back on his mom's car.

What is IACV an acronym for? I used to have a pretty good feel for all the junk under the hood of my 89 626. This new engine is a bit more complicated. :)

·
Registered
468 Posts

Originally posted by mpulse1

What is IACV an acronym for?  [/b]
idle air control vavle usually called iac valve

·
Registered
88 Posts

Do you know if there is an actual service bulletin for the problem yet? I called my service department and they knew nothing about it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Well, I'm still without my car due to the CEL issue that I reported earlier. I mentioned the hose issue to the dealer, but I;m guessing thats not it, They are apparently waiting on some replacement software (read upgrade) to arrive, and the weather has slowed this down but I hope to have it back today. I'm guessing the computer software is burned on some form of ROM chip, which is why they can't just download the software and flash my computer. They said they tested my cars computer toleraces verses another new 6, and couldn't determine a problem, since I have one of the first ones made I would guess that they have shaken some of the bugs out since then. We'll see and I'll report back once I get my car back.

·
Registered
305 Posts

Thanks much, mplulse1, for posting that image. I just looked under my hood and it definitely is that hose that caused my CEL -- only one end is attached.

What does the EGR vacuum switch/valve do?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

is there a difference with a car that hasn't have the hose updated yet and the one with the hose updated????

cause i took my car to look and it was the same one as the updated.

i got my car in early feb right out of the port...don't think my dealer did any updates.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Ah... EGR, eh? Should have thought of that, but I was distracted by the fluctuating idle symptom. My bad. It's obvious too, no intake plumbing, and the bottom portion of the valve looks like it's cast iron (like the manifold). I feel silly.

-Alt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts