Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to fix a p0431 code on a 2004 3L V6 (yes, I know it could be precats but trying 02 sensor first). I know it's the front downstream 02 sensor, but want to be sure I replace the correct one. I see one up top and one down below, I am assuming it's the lower one? Can someone please confirm.

·
Rally Racer
1,750 Posts
trying to fix a p0431 code on a 2004 3L V6 (yes, I know it could be precats but trying 02 sensor first). I know it's the front downstream 02 sensor, but want to be sure I replace the correct one. I see one up top and one down below, I am assuming it's the lower one? Can someone please confirm.

Hello. If you replace the O2 sensor it will be faster to respond. A faster responding sensor upstream (before the catalyst) will result in better fuel management. A faster working sensor after the catalyst will be more likely to report a converter failure. If you did not have a P0431/P0421 code before the O2 sensor you may have one after.

This references, my journey with this code.
https://forum.mazda6club.com/members/105825-drfeelgood.html#vmessage9866

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
DrFeelGood
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing