Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm interested in the Mazda6 and have this question- Is the V6 engine in the NA Mazda6's final point of assembly in the U.S at the Ford Duratec plant or is the block shipped to Japan for final assembly?

Thanks for your help-

Bartman

·
Registered
319 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Where is the final assembly of the Mazda6 V6 Engine?'

Considering the north american 6 is built in flat rock, michigan, I would guess the engine is either made there, or made in the Duratec plant (wherever that is) and sent to flat rock for installation.

Hope that helps ;)

·
Registered
577 Posts

Hmmm I will try to find out for you ....

As far as the 2.3L engines go, I believe they are manufactured in Mexico and then shipped to the Flat Rock plant for installation. The Ford Ranger 2.3L engines are made in the U.S. though at the Cleveland Engine Plant I believe...

The only difference between a Taurus 3.0L Duratec and a Mazda6 3.0L Duratec are the heads... So it doesnt really matter who assembles the engine....

Nikolas

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by DuratecPerformance

The only difference between a Taurus 3.0L Duratec and a Mazda6 3.0L Duratec are the heads...  So it doesnt really matter who assembles the engine....

Nikolas[/b]
Oh no!

Nikolas, should we fear the Duratec?

·
Registered
146 Posts

The Duratech 6 is a solid engine that has a very good service record. Fear not!

Can't say the same for my Yamaha Tauras SHO V-8 though. Ouch. Hello Mazda6. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts

Originally posted by halfadozen

Can't say the same for my Yamaha Tauras SHO V-8 though. Ouch. Hello Mazda6. :D[/b]
Since your spouse works at the plant, do employee's get discounts on the car?

·
Registered
146 Posts

Originally posted by Omega

Originally posted by halfadozen

Can't say the same for my Yamaha Tauras SHO V-8 though. Ouch. Hello Mazda6. :D[/b]
Since your spouse works at the plant, do employee's get discounts on the car?[/b][/quote]

Supposedly; my dealer says yes... but they are still working on it. No details outside of that vague line though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts