Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, so my check engine light came on and I pulled a couple of codes which lead me to believe that my purge valve is going or gone bad. Simple and cheap part, only $27 bucks from the local parts store. My only issue now is locating my purge valve to determine if i can replace it myself. Can someone please help me locate it? I've included some images below including my codes:

Attachments

·
Rally Racer
2,191 Posts
Hi guys, so my check engine light came on and I pulled a couple of codes which lead me to believe that my purge valve is going or gone bad. Simple and cheap part, only $27 bucks from the local parts store. My only issue now is locating my purge valve to determine if i can replace it myself. Can someone please help me locate it? I've included some images below including my codes:
I think the P0455 is possibly your gas cap. I had this code and replaced mine with an OEM Mazda cap that solved the problem (don't use aftermarket brand). From time to time the attendant will not attach it tight enough and the code will return until I cinch it down.

As for the lean code, I would look for a vacuum leak somewhere in the intake system.

Good luck

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
For future users, the purge valve is located behind the PCM module and is located in the left rear of the engine bay. It's a little bit of a bear to get to since you have to remove the PCM module and mounting bracket and I removed the battery tray for more access to the PCM.

·
Rally Racer
2,191 Posts
The Purge Valve (Solenoid) is readily accessible on the V6.It is attached to the intake "accordion" tube adjacent to the engine cover (see pic).

For reference the P0455 and/or P2187 code likely refer to a loose or damaged gas cap as stated in a previous post.

A faulty purge valve solenoid will result in a P0441 and/or P0443 engine code.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Location is different for the 2005 model (just changed mine). Looking at DrFeelGood's pic, the 2005 purge valve is behind the left strut panel...kind of a pain to get to, but not too bad if you have long needle nose pliers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts