Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the transmission oil on my 5sp manual on my 6s this weekend. I'm putting in Redline 75W-90. It's kind of crowded in there. Does anyone where you add/fill the oil on the transmission? Thanks for your time and consideration

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Reading Topic: Where do you fill the Manual Transmission on a 6s?

I had Jiffy Lube due to for me, wish I could tell ya how, but bottom line, they can do it if you can't

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Where do you fill the Manual Transmission on a 6s?'

Originally posted by KMan

I want to change the transmission oil on my 5sp manual on my 6s this weekend.  I'm putting in Redline 75W-90.  It's kind of crowded in there.  Does anyone where you add/fill the oil on the transmission?  Thanks for your time and consideration[/b]
Are you sure that's even necessary? How many miles are on it? I don't see it in the service manual. Are you just looking to get some better aftermarket fluid in there? I guess I can kind of understand, but I don't see how you'd really be gaining anything by doing it. The factory *should* be putting the right type of fluid for the conditions in your area.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: Where do you fill the Manual Transmission on a 6s?

Jiffy Lube in Alabama? Let somebody else touch my car?!?!?! Heavens to murgetroid (sp?)!!! Nobody loves my car like me!!

Is it necessary? Probably not. Like you all said the factory has no doubt put the correct type of lubricant for my geographic area. I'm just being obsessive I guess. I just want "good stuff" in my car.

Actually I find the shifting on my car a little "notchy" and I was hoping the Redline would smooth it out some.

I took another look last night and found the filler access. It's a large, plain nut under the battery tray just to the left of the transaxle mount bracket.

Thanks for you input. Appreciate your comments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts