Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the customizer velcroed to the cpu case. Just recently the f'r won't stick on there anymore. I got new velcro, it stuck for 2 days, then fell off again. Any suggestions on what to use or where to hide the thing?

Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
You may be able to just place it inside an alcove that's directly opposite the ECU on the inside portion of the dash. I'm not sure how secure that is though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on. I'll take a look under there tomorrow. I think what is happening is that the ecu is getting warm and it is effecting the tackiness of the velcro adhesive.

·
Registered
944 Posts
put mine under the steering column under the dash...drive side of course. Just used a couple of zip ties..and waaalaaa, completly hidden and dont have to worry about it coming unglued.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by mbrogz3000@Oct 28 2005, 04:10 AM
get a package of xtra large zip ties from Lowes and put the box to a bundle of wire with it.
[snapback]544747[/snapback]​
I used the extra long zip-ties to mount it to the same wiring harness as the alarm shock sensor. Hasn't given me any trouble.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Yeah during the summer the box started coming loose from the velcro and falling on my feet.... I used zip ties to keep the velcro on the box, tho maybe I should've just ditched the velcro all together.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The space between the underside of the ECU and the floor is so snug that all I did was slide the customizer in between there and it held firmly without any kind of fasteners. It's never come loose or even shifted slightly. Not a pretty install, but effective.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I just shoved mine up in there somewhere. It's being held in place by existing wiring harnesses, etc. Sloppy, yes. But it hasn't moved yet.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by GlacierSilver6s@Oct 30 2005, 07:34 PM
I would make sure you put the intake in right if you cant even figure out a way to keep the MAF Customizer secure
[snapback]546449[/snapback]​
Yeah thanks Glacier. It has been CORRECTLY installed for a year now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
Bigstick28
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing