Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I take the car out today temps in the 40's and the roads are finally dry and I am wanting to blow the cob webs out of it. I pull out onto the highway and go WOT in 2nd and noticed that it didn't have the get up and go it usually has. I look down at my boost gauge and it is reading 8psi, shift to 3rd,4th and 5th and they all read 9psi. I check all hoses nothing is loose and my normal boost reading is 14-15psi and at idle the gauge is reading -21. I have had the gauge installed for 2 months so no problems there and I can feel that the car is slower.
I have read the power lose thread, but does the power lose happen from when the car is new or can it come on at any point and time with the car?
Also, no cel and only mods is a cai that has been on the car for 3 months.
Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
744 Posts
its easy to tell if its power loss, which i think it prob is. if its reading 10 psi and thats it... turn off the engine once you come to a stop. then turn back on, if you got your power back then it was power loss

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its easy to tell if its power loss, which i think it prob is. if its reading 10 psi and thats it... turn off the engine once you come to a stop. then turn back on, if you got your power back then it was power loss[/b]
Well I checked all of my hoses and all were tight and took the car for a drive and the gauge went to 15psi. Strange, but happy.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Well I checked all of my hoses and all were tight and took the car for a drive and the gauge went to 15psi. Strange, but happy.[/b]
Yep, sounds like the powerloss issue since you turned it off, then turned it back on and the PSI came back. IIRC, this is caused by an oversensitive knock sensor. Once it detects what it thinks was a knock, it will kill boost until the next time the car is started.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Oversensitive knock sensor and acute sensitivity to fuel quality. I, apparently, got a bad tank of fuel and the computer has been pulling timing and boost since. Should have it washed out of there by late next week. I'm going only with no ethanol, high quality, high turn over fuel right now (which means 40 miles out of my way every fill up).

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The knock senor is over-reactive to heat soak. That's why there is an update from last year to ease the power reduction.

I don't have the reflash, and get the powerloss from time to time, when I do, I just turn the car off while driving, and then restart it. Done it many time on the freeway, it's a blast freaking out any buddies in the car.

·
Registered
851 Posts
lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.