Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I could purchase a new-in-box '06 JDM grille in the US? Specifically I'm looking for this grille:
[attachmentid=16310]

I just think it looks better than the "waterfall" grille on the '06's.

I found someone in Hong Kong (?!?!) selling it on eBay, but I'd prefer to buy from someone in the US that imports JDM parts and has a good reputation in the 6 community.

I am operating, of course, under the assumption that it will fit the US bumper. Anyone have any feedback on
that issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Is this what you mean by waterfall grill?

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this what you mean by waterfall grill?
[/b]
You must have edited your post between when I got the e-mail notification and now. Got me all worked up over nothing! :) Thought I could just bring one over from the Great White North.

Yes, that's what I mean by waterfall grille. Didn't know what else to call it.

Later,

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone know where I could purchase a new-in-box '06 JDM grille in the US? Specifically I'm looking for this grille:
[attachmentid=16310]

I just think it looks better than the "waterfall" grille on the '06's.

I found someone in Hong Kong (?!?!) selling it on eBay, but I'd prefer to buy from someone in the US that imports JDM parts and has a good reputation in the 6 community.

I am operating, of course, under the assumption that it will fit the US bumper. Anyone have any feedback on
that issue?
[/b]
see the thing is...
I believe the front bumper is still different for the USDM and JDM for the '06's
so... :tear:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
not bad looking i really like the grill that is just an open triangle but nobody makes them for the 06'.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
see the thing is...
I believe the front bumper is still different for the USDM and JDM for the '06's
so... :tear:
[/b]
:swearin: Dammit! Went back and examined the pictures I have more closely and you're right. The grille opening in the Japanese bumper is deeper and the bottom opening seems to "connect" with the line described by the lower edge of the headlights more so than on our bumpers. A more cohesive design, IMO. Oh well . . . . . Didn't hurt to ask.

Why do they do this to us??

Thanks all!! :drive:

Later,

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I think just the top slat of the grille is different. As for the bumper, I was comparing the NA and Japan versions, and they look exactly the same to me other than the side markers.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm gonna take a good look at the difference. I went to the Mazda Japan site and as far as the 06 goes I think they look the same. That would kick ass since there would most definatley be more options coming out of the land of the rising sun

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are some of the pictures I was using to make a comparison.

The two Atenza pictures I found:
[attachmentid=16341]
[attachmentid=16343]

A picture from the Mazda USA website:
[attachmentid=16342]

Those were the best I could find as far as having the car sitting at basically the same orientation, etc. As much as I'd like to believe otherwise, I don't think the grilles will interchange. The bottom "corner" of the Japanese grille opening looks to to be more in line with the corner of the headlight recess than the American one. Also, the low point of the opening on the Japanese car seems deeper than the American one as well. Doesn't necessarily mean that the grille won't fit, but the openings seem to be different sizes and shapes. I wish the Japanese car didn't have that pesky license plate - would be easier to compare without it.

Someone please prove me wrong.

A picture of the ebay grille:

[attachmentid=16344]

I had a link, but ebay is saying the item has been removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That grill is $100 painted from the Mazda web site or $80 on sell here from one of the sponsers.
[/b]
You sure about that? Looking on the Mazda USA website in the accessories section, for $100 I found the standard "Sport" grille, which is what came on my car. Care to post a link to the JDM grille? Which sponsor carries the JDM OEM parts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts