Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you go to the dyno do they only give you that graph or can they give you a chart numerically showing the amount of HP/TRQ at RPM? i am thinkin about going to the dyno because i know how to calculate the optimum shift points given gear ratios and dyno figures...but if someone can give me a numeric chart then that would be great.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Reading Topic: when you go to the dyno...

"they give you a chart numerically showing the amount of HP/TRQ at RPM?"

The guy never gave me the option, but I've seen what you are talking about before, so it does exist.

Of course, you can extrapolate that info from the graph, would just take a little work and wouldn't be 100% accurate, but it'd be close.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'when you go to the dyno...'

yeah i thought about doin that but as you have aforementioned that would take some work for a lazya$$ like me...would anyone like to know the shift points...the way i figure is to minimize torque loss in between shifts thus maintaining optimum power all the time...trust me it works...i.e my friend drives a Focus ZX3 and ran a 10.8 in the 1/8. gave me the dyno chart and is gear ratios and voila he runs a 10.6 on a bad start...well just thought id try to help anyone interested besides me

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Reading Topic: when you go to the dyno...

my butt dyno says 6800-6900 1-2 shift and about 6400 2-3 3-4, in the 6s going by the tach in the car, which prolly reads a little high. Never really compared to the dyno sheets posted, and i dont stare at the tach but it works for me, so if you figure it out we can compare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts