Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the car first got delivered, I already had that scratch i Called them right away and they replaced it for me... but i took it back for the recall checks and then when i was washing my car i noticed a slight 2 inch grind on the edge of the driver side front rim and a scratch on the rim itself but i dont see any tire scratching... and i dont ever recall even going to curb on the driver side cuz it almost never happens unless you drive through which i dont.. COULD It be they switched it =[ and the thing is the scratches arent too deep that they couldnt be covered up with some matching paint... IM MAD

·
Registered
218 Posts
Reading Topic: when would you scratch driver side front rim?

I scrached my driver's side front rim going through a Culver's drive thru. I didn't think I was anywhere close t the curb but I guess I was. I was so pissed! My wife said she'd let me get a new rim but after I washed it, it isn't too noticeable and I'm sure it'll get more scratches with time. I'd rather get new rims later.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

I'm kind of in the same boat. I scratched my passenger side front rim when I visited a friend's house a couple of weeks ago. What I did was take off the wheel and broke out my trusty dremel. I grinded off the high areas and then I purchased some alloy wheel polish and polished the rim. It is barely noticeable now.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

I gound my drivers side front rim parallel parking in Boston.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

um... pull in too close to the curb?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

I think he meant how you did that and he assumed you parked on the right side of the street (2-way street).

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

Oh, I didn't evne think of that. Yeah it must have been a one way street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
MZ6ZoomZoom
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing