Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
this isn't constructive at all, but you probably shouldn't get it ever get that far....usually spells death for your fuel pump.

·
Registered
206 Posts
not sure when the light comes on, but i've had the needle a little below halfway between E and the 1/4 tank mark and no light. when i went to fill her up, 13 gallons went in. our tank holds a little under 17 gallons (like 16.9 or something, whatever 64 liters is equal to). but yeah, u should always keep it at least 1/4 tank.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Our tank holds 18 gallons. The light comes on when you have 4 gallons remaining. When the needle is at E, you have 2 gallons remaining.

I usually don't get gas until the needle hits E or about 400 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My low fuel light comes on exactly when I have 1.5 gallons left, because, when I fill up at that point in time, the pump allows 16.5 gallons. On a couple occasions, I drove several miles with the light on, but the most I ever needed to fill up was 17.2 gallons. I was cutting it a little too close there and I definitely don't want to damage anything, so I'll cut back on being so stingy with fuel. I like to get at least 400 miles out of each tank.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Mine has been consistent that every single time the light has come on, my car takes 16 gallons of fuel...

·
Registered
34 Posts
My light will come on just above the E line, I drive it to the bottom of the E line and normally only put 15'ish gallons in. I think one time I've put 16.something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts