Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting some right now, and it is on its way. How exactly do you change it? and is the stock bulb clear?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Stock bulb is amber. Just take off the four screws on either side under the bumper and reach up and push in the back tab and they pop out, or you could just take off your front bumper and remove em that way for more room and less hassle. Either way it can be done

·
Registered
539 Posts
I did mine myself, and it was alot easier than I thought it was going to be, except my car is lowered, and so I had to put my arm in a pretty akward position, and wound up cutting my arm, so....ehh.... don't do that. I also saw how they lock in, but don't stay still, so I wrapped the back piece (where you can't see) in electrical tape, and no more wiggle. The stock bulbs are amber, but I bought chrome bulbs and it looks 10 times better like that ( I also did the head and taillights in the chome bulbs and it looks alot cleaner and more uniform).

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
:search:

·
Registered
149 Posts
[/b]
I would suggest using clear silicone when installing them to seal it. the aftermarket lenses never fit as "flush" as factory and you will notice water getting between the lense and bumper> clear bulbs are a def night and day difference.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
[/b]
schwing.... schwing! yeah, i've been flamed for not doing the search before as well. but that was oh so long ago... i graduated from the newb category thank god! haha :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts