Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found some wheels that resemble the mazdaspeed wheels, but are much cheaper.
they are 18x7.5 with +45 offset. Will they fit withouth having to roll the fenders on 215/45R18 tires?
or should i stick to picking wheels with an offset around +50

[attachmentid=17026]

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have found some wheels that resemble the mazdaspeed wheels, but are much cheaper.
they are 18x7.5 with +45 offset. Will they fit withouth having to roll the fenders on 215/45R18 tires?

[attachmentid=17026]
[/b]
You should probably be ok - there are a number of people with +45 and 215s with no rubbing. How much they weigh?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're going with 7.5's you might want to think about 225s....
[/b]
I'm just fearaful of rubbing. I've searched the topic but i find people rolling their fenders.
My car has the stock ride height and I will not be rolling the fenders.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'm just fearaful of rubbing. I've searched the topic but i find people rolling their fenders.
My car has the stock ride height and I will not be rolling the fenders.
[/b]
I've got 225s on mine and no rubbing, but I do have a +50 offset and 7" wheels, though I can't see 1/2 inch and a 5mm difference in offset being that big of a diffference, but you never know.

Best to find someone with similar wheels, I don't want to be responsible if you listen to me and they do rub, heh :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got 225s on mine and no rubbing, but I do have a +50 offset and 7" wheels, though I can't see 1/2 inch and a 5mm difference in offset being that big of a diffference, but you never know.

Best to find someone with similar wheels, I don't want to be responsible if you listen to me and they do rub, heh :)
[/b]

i would't blame anyone on the board if I made a purchase that didn't fit. That would be my error in not doing sufficient research.

·
Registered
273 Posts

[attachmentid=17026]
[/b]
Are you into looks or are you into weight?
The Mazdaspeed wheels are 7.7kg 18x7.5, here's a picture of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have 18x7.5's 45mm offset with the original tires on them. Just finished the AutoExe spring install bout an hour ago.

That wheel and tire combo will rub... Currently have about 1.5" of clearance in the back. I have not rubbed (during some pretty agressive driving), but it will rub with enough weight back there. I am waiting on my fender roller, hopefully will be here by the beginning of next week.

I will try to snap some pics so you can put a visual to what I am talking about.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have 18x7.5's 45mm offset with the original tires on them. Just finished the AutoExe spring install bout an hour ago.

That wheel and tire combo will rub... Currently have about 1.5" of clearance in the back. I have not rubbed (during some pretty agressive driving), but it will rub with enough weight back there. I am waiting on my fender roller, hopefully will be here by the beginning of next week.

I will try to snap some pics so you can put a visual to what I am talking about.
[/b]
i'd appreciate it if you are able to snap some pics. I guess i should stick to a higher offset, no?

Runningriot, thanks for the pic of your wheels.
i'm talking about the other mazda wheels. the "rays" ones.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Runningriot, thanks for the pic of your wheels.
i'm talking about the other mazda wheels. the "rays" ones.
[/b]
Yep, that's what I've got. Mine say "MAZDASPEED - RAYS ENG." on them.

Super strong, they're forged aluminium. Only 7.7kg and they look really nice!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, that's what I've got. Mine say "MAZDASPEED - RAYS ENG." on them.

Super strong, they're forged aluminium. Only 7.7kg and they look really nice!
[/b]

what are these refered to then? both of the mazda wheels are nice, but they are expensive.
[attachmentid=17032]

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
The other mazdaspeed wheels. They are cast aluminum and weigh approx 23.5 lbs a piece.
The ones runningriot has are forged aluminum and weigh approx 16.94 lbs a piece.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a set of 18x 7.5 40 offset TE-37 with stock tire on my car right now. The wheel stick out and aligned with fender at the top. However, no rubbing even with 1 person in the back. Not sure if I get more people in the back though, although 90% of the time only front seats will be used. I think you will be fine as long as you don't lower your car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the info guys. still not sure if i wanna take a gamble or not.
Seems like theres alot more wheels to choose from that have a +45 offset.
I don't really like many of the wheels i come across that are 48 and higher.

·
Registered
79 Posts

[attachmentid=17026]
[/b]
I have 18x7.5 with +45 offset with 225/40/18 ... not rolled and no rubbing with all seats full!

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/f...&vid=009766

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Does anyone know if plus sizing the tires on the OEM wheels will create any rubbing? The plus size would be 235/40/18. So many more options in that size.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Does anyone know if plus sizing the tires on the OEM wheels will create any rubbing? The plus size would be 235/40/18. So many more options in that size.
[/b]
On a 7" rim??? Don't think so - rim is too narrow - sidewall would be mushy as hell and performance would go out the door. I just checked a couple 235's and they specify 8-9.5" rims

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
On a 7" rim??? Don't think so - rim is too narrow - sidewall would be mushy as hell and performance would go out the door. I just checked a couple 235's and they specify 8-9.5" rims
[/b]
our 18 inch rims are narrower than the 17 inch rims on the 6s? I put 235s on there and the ride is sudper sweet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I put 235 on a 7.5 inch rim and noticed a difference in performance. My wife even noticed a difference. However I do think the tires are crap so that's probably where the difference is. I'll know when I feel like I can afford to buy different tires.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts