Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a set of steelies off of an Eagle Talon (1995+) will fit on a Mazda 6? They've the same bolt pattern (5x114.3), and they're wrapped with 215/60-R16 tires. I'm not sure what the offset on them is (still waiting to hear back on it), but I'd be thankful if someone could tell me if they'll fit. Btw, this is going on a 2006 Mazda 6, and its for winter. The tires are Goodyear Ultra Ice, and are almost new (1 season old). They're also half the price compared to what I'd pay for the tires/wheels brand new, so I'm hoping I luck out and they fit :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after some very quick (sub 30 second research) seems like the talon's stock wheels are between 45-48mm.
[/b]
So assuming they are in fact 45-48mm offset, will the 215/60R16 fit on there as they are slightly wider & taller than the 205/60R16 recommended tires?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
So assuming they are in fact 45-48mm offset, will the 215/60R16 fit on there as they are slightly wider & taller than the 205/60R16 recommended tires?
[/b]
If you see that size listed...

Choosing the Right Size Tire

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Also check the hub bore size to see if it'll clear the hub.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Also check the hub bore size to see if it'll clear the hub.
[/b]
They're 67.1mm, same as the 6.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Score one for the man. Got the tires today. The wheels fit perfectly. The tires are almost brand new, they've 95% thread left (used for half a season tops by the looks of it). Not a bad price either, $500cdn for the deal. That's 50%-75% less than I would have paid for new tires/wheels, which is fine by me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts