Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 Mazda6 S, with these (http://www.zinikwheels.com/z2.htm) wheels with low-profile tiers. (I bought it with both)

When I am driving it around its amazing and everything is fine.

But when I get 3 friends in the back seat it weighs down the car and on Simi-sharp turns or bumps we can hear the tire rub the wheel well (we think)

What can I do? I have been told to maybe get more dense springs put on so the weigh doesn’t affect it as much, or higher it (would rather not)
Also I do really like the wheels, do not want to get/pay for new ones… and I am working on a budget….

Thank you for all your guy’s help-

·
Registered
649 Posts
Are your fenders rolled? Some members have gotten some pretty low offset wheels on thier 6's with an aggressive fender roll or push out. Raynman is right to ask the offset though, some wheels just won't work on our cars.

·
Registered
270 Posts
wow. you get people to ride with you with those wheels on your car? that's amazing.

you'll probably be ok if you just roll the fenders.

or you could sell the rims/tires to your friendly neighborhood crack dealer and buy something that fits/looks better from tirerack.
j/k if you like the rims, that's all that matters. don't fear the roll.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does that chage the apperance of the car at all?

Im not sure what rolling back the fenders really means, but i will for sure look into it-

Where would i be able to go to get that done, and ~how much does it cost?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Does that chage the apperance of the car at all?

Im not sure what rolling back the fenders really means, but i will for sure look into it-

Where would i be able to go to get that done, and ~how much does it cost?
[/b]
Read all about fender rolling here: http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?option...17&Itemid=1

You can rent the tool and do the job yourself for ~ 65 bucks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
are those tires even close to stock size percentage wise? (~2%)

They look like rubber bands. Not even sure if they have the correct load rating for the 6??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts