Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at putting some konig prophets on my 6S. i have the sport package. you can get the prophets in a 17x7.5, 5-114.3, but they only go up to a 45 mm offset. ive heard that the OEM wheels have a 60 mm offset. is this a problem that will make major differences in handling and performance? is there any wheel/tire combination that could make this work? i am also thinking about dropping it with the eibach kit. the wheel is also available in 18x7.5. please help me out, im willing to sacrifice a little handling/performance as these wheels look soooooooooooooooooo good. also, if the konigs will not work, has anyone seen any similar wheels that would, maybe with a higher offset? thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Reading Topic: wheel setup

The fact that these wheels are 1/2" wider than stock helps resolve the offset difference. Less positive offset helps ensure no clearance issues inside the wheel well. IMO, if you like them, go for it.

Here is a definition and schematic for offset:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/offset.htm
When looking at the schematic, note that the mounting surface is your baseline and the wheel's centerline location moves with differing offset.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.