Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Exel TZ-10's. They come with lugnuts that require a socket adapter in order for each nut to be removed. Today I was trying to take the rims off and I find the nuts to be locked in EXTREMELY tight. I eventually get most of the nuts off and on the last 2 nuts, the metal socket adapter twists and bends completely around.

So I am stuck here with 3 OEM rims on the car with all lug nuts in place, one aftermarket rim with 2 lug nuts in place and no adapter to remove them. I guess I have to wait for a new adapter to come from WheelMax? Any one else have any advice?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Try a tire shop, they will might have an adapter and would use an impact gun which doesn't put as much twisting force. Then make sure that anyone who puts the new lugs on only uses 100 ft lbs of torque, NO impact guns, they can apply up to 500 ft. lbs of torque.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Try a tire shop, they will might have an adapter and would use an impact gun which doesn't put as much twisting force. Then make sure that anyone who puts the new lugs on only uses 100 ft lbs of torque, NO impact guns, they can apply up to 500 ft. lbs of torque.
[/b]

err... tq your nuts to 87 ft lbs not 100

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Try sears, pepboys, autozone, advanced autoparts for an inexpensive one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts