Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I think Im in the market for buying a set of rims for my 2014 M6 GT. Im currently on stock 19's (7.5" wide) wrapped in dunlop 225/45/19 and i believe with a et45. Im looking for the flush fender look. From reading several posts, a lot of owners are running these stock rims with 15mm spacers in the front, and 20mm in the rear for a flush fender look. I was going to do the same but now Im thinking of changing my mind and getting rims with an offset to achieve the same flush fender look. Can anyone tell me offset and tire size info for both 8.5"wide rims and 9"wide rims (still 19")what kind of offset i would need to achieve a flush fender look?

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Hi there,

I own a 2014 6 GT with the 19" OEM. FYI here are the OEM specs for the GT with 19" wheels. I would highly recommend (if possible) working directly with the wheel manufacturer that you're looking into ensure that the wheels will provide the proper clearance for suspension/caliper/etc. See the attached pictures. I provided the manufacturer with all of these measurements AFTER I had lowered the car. In my case, as you see I will not be able to upgrade to big brakes due to clearance issues. That was by design since I wanted those wheels (just FYI). Also, I would have had clearance issues if I would have kept the OEM struts.
-------------------
OEM fitment data is as follows:
Make: MAZDA
Model: MAZDA 6: Grand Touring
Year: 14+
PCD: 5x114.3
Offset +45, 19x7.5
Bore: 67.1
Fittings: M12x1.5 nut Length
-------------------
This will provide some insights on what can fit, particularly on the offset. I'm running 20x10 (+43 offset) all around. The wheel manufacturer had recommended running (+43 Front and +40 Rear). That would've given an even more flushed look on the rear, but then I would have created a "staggered" set. Since I'm running negative camber with the BCR coilovers, I wanted to have the ability to rotate the tires for longetivity purposes. WATCH OUT FOR THE TIRES though. If you want this kind of flexibility, you MUST get Non-Directional tires.

If you don't want coilovers then Offset (and obviously tire wall size) will be even more important in your fit. If you go for an offset that pushes the rim too far out you will rub and will need to either fender roll and/or more than likely go for camber adjustment. I've seen some stand-alone camber plates but not sure about OEM compatibility.\

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tsxv_2,

Thanks for the helpful info. Im not sure if you recall, but you also replied to me about a suspension upgrade post a little while back which i have replied to as well. your 6 is hot and banging....i saw some full pics of it searching around the site. so I have all my upgrade parts and now its just a matter of installing everything. just a ?ecap, i have bcr coils as well(br type), jbr front sway bar, corksport strut tower bar, corksport rear sway bar, corksport adjustable rear camber arms, xdrilled rotors with carbon performance pads and wheel spacers 15mm front/20mm rear, and ARP extended studs. Im hoping to get this all installed in the near future. i was just contemplating on using the OEM rims with the spacers or getting rims so i dont have to swap studs and use spacers and i was inquiring if i ran 19"x 8.5 or 19"x 9 what kind of wheel offset i would need for a flush fender look. your info was helpful but i just wanted a general idea what offset i would need for this application before i goto a wheel store and start inquiring so i kind of know whats going on.....

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
It all depends on the wheels. For using OEM wheels then use the OEM specs, or measure, the width and offset. That will help you determine the thickness of the spacers. Look at the drawing scheme I sent. Make sure you have these measurements also to make sure you don't push too far and have rubbing like my brother did, even with 20x8.5" wheels. In his case he used 35+ offset and he was rubbing pretty bad.

If you go for aftermarket, I would have the same measurements and provide them to the wheel manufacturer or talk to a reputable shop (I used Vibe) and they'll find the right dimensions for your application.

CAUTION: Make sure you drop the car first to where you want it. Then take the measurements. If you have camber adjustment on the front/rear that would help lots.

I got 10" wheels with +43 offset and not only it's pretty flush, but more importantly I don't get any rubbing, and that's after dropping close to 2 inches.

I'm assuming you're keeping the calipers OEM?

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
I'm sorry I don't quite have the time to read through everything here, but I'll offer up my ride as an example. I'm about as perfectly flush as I'd like to be. All specs and photos are in my build thread (link in sig). Sorry I can't be more helpful at the moment.

Also, check out the link in my signature for the wheel size calculator - it's wonderful.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tsxv_2,

yes i will be running with the OEM calipers. actually, i noticed in your pic u have mazdaspeed calipers. are they from a gen 2 speed6? and if so, are they 2 pot calipers and a direct fit for the 2014 6gt? i will have to get everything installed and see where i stand before making a rim purchase. thanks for the info.

Bayakuya,

thanks for the reply..your 6 is another banging hot ride. i will have to check out the link for the calculator and play around with it to better my knowledge on offset.i will be putting my rim purchase on hold until everything else installed. thanks

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
@Jdaniels thanks for making me feel better. LOL :) That hopefully means that the paint job wasn't that bad after all. My calipers are actually the OEM ones. I just painted them with the G2 Brake Caliper Paint system and then added Mazdaspeed Hi-temp decal. Didn't go for Mazda or Mazda6 because I kinda liked the smaller text on the Mazdaspeed decal.

I did end up upgrading the brake lines to stainless braided, and also the pads and rotors (slotted StopTechs).

·
Registered
747 Posts
This Thread seems like the PERFECT PLACE to update ride configuration and offset information, as I want to go wider, but not sure how far I can go, without rubbing or wheel well rolling. I'll offer my specs:

Wheel: 20x8.5 (Avat AV1)
Offset: 45mm
Tires: 255/35 R20 (Nitto Invo)
Suspension: OEM w/ Tanabe Springs (1.0" Drop)
Spacers: No
Fenders Rolled: No
Rubbing: No

OTHERS, please post your configurations here as well in the same / similar layout. THANKS!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@txsv_2,

I did not notice anything wrong with your paint job..lol...great job with the calipers, painting them and slapping on a high temp decal. ill be painting mine as well but i have alot of time for that. did u get those decals on ebay?

Octagonpc,

thats a great idea to revive an older topic of wheels and offsets for newcomers like myself to the sight. unless theirs a sticky somewhere that i havnt seen....none the less, i will benefit from all the input.

cheers

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
@OCTOGONPC Great idea. Something like this would've made it soooo much easier when I was doing my research.

Wheel: 20x10 (Sporza Topaz)
Offset: 43mm
Tires: 245/35 R20 (Continental DWS06)
Suspension: BC Racing BR-Model (~2" Drop)
Spacers: No
Fenders Rolled: Yes (Rolled on Rear only as a precaution since wasn't 100% of fit, didn't actually needed it)
Rubbing: No

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
New member here rolling stock 17's on my 16' sport model.

I have used a few tools in the past to gauge how aftermarket wheels will look, of course there is some trial and error involved. But my currrent project car 01' Volvo S60 T5 had factory 17x7.5 that were +49mm offset with 235/45/17 tires. My current setup is lowered on eibachs and bilstein struts with , still 235/45/17 rubber but 17X8's but with a 40mm offset and 15mm spacers, so the effective offset is +25mm and the front has slight poke while the rear is completely flush.

This will tell you how the offset will change things

I would link these but it won't let me because new. Google 1010tire wheel offset calc

And this will tell you how any +/- changes to the tire aspect ratio will change things

Google Miata tire calc

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ok posted in Byakuya's link as well with no hits as of yet. Want to put 19x9.5 40 offset AXE CS lite wheels in Hyperblack with 245/40/19's on them and have either Tanabe or H&R springs on the car. Do you wheel guru guys think this will work? I can go with the same wheel in 20x8.5 or 19x8.5 but want the deeper concave look of the 19x9.5's. Thanks for your input. These are the wheels, going on a Soul Red M6 touring

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
Wahoofrank
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing