Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. i was just inspecting my car and describing the damage to an insurance agent when i noticed that my wheel locks are rusting.

does anybody know if this is covered by warranty??

anybody else have this happening?

just my latest drama with the mazda6, figured i'd throw it out there.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Are they the factory wheel locks? If so, there is a 12 month, 12K mile warranty on all parts. So if you bought your car with them on there in the last 12/12, take it back to the dealer and they should replace them, since thats kinda a defect.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Its still worth a check at the dealer next time you're in, maybe they can warranty it as a defect.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yes mine rusted too. If you get new ones... well they'll rust you too. When you put the lug wrench adapter in them it scrapes off the chrome finish. No amount of being careful will stop it... I wish my dealer didn't steal my lug nuts when they put on those stupid wheel locks... I don't recomend getting them.

(how can you tell I'm a bit sour on this point) :irate:

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
No rust on mine, with 37,000 miles. Even my Ford OEM ones on my SVT never rusted (though the groove wore out on one). Just be careful to seat them gently and correctly before torquing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
ZoomZoom Diva
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing