Mazda 6 Forums banner

Wheel fitment for Mazda 5

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MazdaMetalhead 
#1 ·
A guy is selling '06 M6 17" OEM alloys with good snow tires mounted. I do have the 04 6 wagon, but I actually want these wheels/tires for our '15 Mazda 5 Sport (16" alloys) for winter use. I understand that they'll fit ok and work because the 17"s take a lower profile tire. I just want to verify they'll work fine, and that I'll have to get the shop to install sensors if I don't want a light. Does this sound right? I can save a shitload of $$$ this way, but want to make sure it's smart/safe ?

#3 ·
The short answer is that any 5-lug Mazda wheel made in recent memory will fit any other 5-lug Mazda of the same era. The offsets are all within a couple of millimeters of each other and the bolt patterns are the same. As an example, I have a set of 2018 18-inch Mazda3 wheels for my 2004 Mazda6.

#4 ·
The short answer is that any 5-lug Mazda wheel made in recent memory will fit any other 5-lug Mazda of the same era. The offsets are all within a couple of millimeters of each other and the bolt patterns are the same.
That's what I'm seeing. Funny thing, yesterday on Facebook a listing popped up with a guy selling his wife's previous 16" steelies from her first-gen Mazda3 with decent studded winter tires on them -- for $60. Needless to say I dropped everything and went to pick them up. Just another reason to love Mazdas. Although I still will have to pay to have TPMS sensors put in, I'll still be way ahead of the game since a brand new set of rims and snow tires start at what, $700-800?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.